It is all about balance – balance in body, mind, and spirit. And with that balance comes a balance in life in terms of various aspects of it.
Everything is interconnected, and the seven chakras are a great way to understand the interconnection between your body, mind, and spirit and your life as a whole.
Here, you will learn how you can bring all chakras in balance to achieve a perfect harmonious life.
Which of your chakras needs your attention most? You’re about to find out.
The Wheel Of Life
The word chakra means wheel in Sanskrit. This is because each of the chakras is connected to the next and creates loops of energy that surround the body. And every energy center represents this or that aspect of your life.
Here’s a description of the 7 most significant chakras and what they represent:
1. Root Chakra
Position: Base of the Spine
Objective: It corresponds to the physical body and connection to the Earth. Just like a foundation, it is concerned with the basics of survival:
food, shelter, safety, comfort, and belonging.
When your Root Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Feeling stuck and sluggish
- Stress due to over-reliance on external circumstances
- Persistent financial problems
- Feeling that you have been abandoned by your parents
- Constantly getting by or going without
- Hatred and anger toward your body
- Feeling you are not good enough the way you are
When your Root Chakra is open you…
- Have a strong connection with your family
- Have friends that are like family to you
- Feel wanted and loved
- Feel content with your body
- Are confident with money
- Always have enough for what you need and want
- Feel safe on Earth and on your path
Affirmation that helps you heal your root chakra:
I am safe. I am safe on Earth. I am safe on my path.
2. Sacral Chakra
Position: Below the belly button. Looking at the body from head to toe, this is your physical center.
Objective: Sexuality, the nature of your relationships, freedom from guilt, pleasure, sensation, creativity, and the joys of life.
When your Sacral Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Difficulty allowing yourself to become emotionally and sexually intimate
- The belief that sex is bad, that it can hurt you, or you feel you have to be sexy to be loved
- Feelings of abuse, hurt, and confusion
- Distrust that you can be loved for being you
- A struggle toward a healthy self-image
- A string of unsuccessful, toxic relationships
When your Sacral Chakra is open…
- You have a strong sense of your sexuality and recognize it as one of your most powerful creative energies
- You create healthy sexual experiences with others that honor you, you enjoy pleasure in many different ways in life
- You are creative in all your endeavors
Affirmation that helps you heal your sacral chakra:
I am connected to my community. I am connected to my family. My sensual sexuality serves as a fuel to my creative endeavors.
3: Solar Plexus Chakra
Position: Above the navel – two inches below the breastbone.
Objective: Relationship with yourself, personal power, self-esteem, self-worth, and freedom from shame.
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Feeling powerless or victimized
- Giving your power away to others as you feel this is necessary to keep peace in relationships
- Difficulty taking action on your dreams due to low self-esteem
- Stomach pains and anxiety
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is open you…
- Have a strong sense of your own power and how to use it in healthy ways
- Admire others with power and influence and choose to emulate people who are
- Want to use your power and influence for good in the world
- Trust your intuition and inner guidance
- Don’t feel need in other people’s confirmation and validation
Affirmation that helps you heal your solar plexus chakra:
I trust my intuition and guidance, and follow it wherever it leads me without question and hesitation.
4. Heart Chakra
Position: Center of chest
Objective: Love and spirituality, compassion, emotional zone, masculine/feminine of the self, and forgiveness.
Love doesn’t mean only love for others; it also applies to self-love and self-acceptance.
When your Heart Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Fear of commitment and feeling like you have to please others to be loved
- Hurt from past relationships and now feel like you have to guard yourself against being hurt again
- Trouble with giving and receiving love and being compassionate
- The need to hold grudges
- Heart disease, asthma, and allergies
When your Heart Chakra is open you…
- Are comfortable in your relationships
- Give and receive love easily
- Feel a heartfelt sense of gratitude for how wonderful your life is
- Appreciate others and feel compassion for yourself and others without feeling sorry for anyone
- Love yourself unconditionally
Affirmation that helps you heal your heart chakra:
I am a divine expression of unconditional love. I truly love myself. Love is all that I am and ever will be. Unconditional love of Source is my birthright.
5. Throat Chakra
Position: Hollow of throat
Objective: Your communication center — your voice, your creative self-expression. Speaking your truth, coming from the center of your willpower, listening, and being heard.
When your Throat Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Fear of speaking up and saying what you want or feel
- Feeling inclined to go along with others so you don’t upset anyone
- Frustration because you don’t feel that other people hear what you have to say
- Sore throats or feeling like your throat is blocked
When your Throat Chakra is open you…
- Are comfortable speaking your truth
- Experience others listening to you
- Feel that you are heard and honored for your truth
- Knowing that you alone are responsible for expressing yourself in an open and honest way
Affirmation that helps you heal your throat chakra:
I speak my truth freely and openly, being honest with myself and others. I am safe to express myself truthfully. My honesty attracts what I deserve on my path.
6. Third Eye Chakra
Position: Between the eyebrows
Objective: Responsible for psychic abilities such as intuition as well as your sense of purpose in life — self-reflection, visualization, discernment, and trust of your own intuition.
When your Third Eye Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- A struggle to find meaning in life and often ask yourself, “Why am I here?”
- Disconnect from your intuition
- Difficulty making decisions
- Feeling lost when it comes to your spiritual purpose and path in life
- Frustration that there is something wrong or out of alignment
- Headaches and tension in your brow area
When your Third Eye Chakra is open you…
- Trust and act with confidence
- Have a strong sense of your own inner truth and listen to and follow it as it guides you on your life path
- Inner wisdom and clarity on your path
- Strong connection with celestial love
Affirmation that helps you heal your third eye chakra:
I am connected with celestial love that runs through my vessel and life. I trust my inner wisdom and have total clarity on my path.
7. Crown Chakra
Position: Top of the head
Objective: This is the connection between you and the divine. It is responsible for spirituality, belief systems, revelation, divine consciousness, and enlightenment. Your brain functions and central nervous system are controlled by the crown chakra.
When your Crown Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Loneliness, insignificance, and aimlessness
- A strong attachment to material possessions and achievements (and define yourself according to them) and a disconnect from the spiritual side of life
- A lack of connection or guidance from a higher power
- Feeling unworthy of spiritual help and anger that your higher power has abandoned you
- Migraines and tension headaches
When your Crown Chakra is open you…
- Feel connected to a higher power and sense that you are being watched over and cared for
- Know you deserve immense blessings
- Feel immense gratitude for the universal love and appreciation you feel towards yourself and others
- Connection to Source and the mother Earth
Affirmation that helps you heal your third eye chakra:
I am transmuting anything that doesn’t serve my highest purpose and my path today.
When the seven chakras are in balance, life feels good, and all is as it should be.
This small introduction to the seven chakras is just the start of that journey. Check out Chakra Healing: 9 Amazing Ways To Clean And Heal Your Chakras to learn what you can do next.
How Do You Unlock Your Chakras?
There are many ways that you can open your chakras once you know they are clogged or blocked.
Firstly, meditation is one of the best ways to open your chakras. With powerful awareness and concentrated focus, you can fix symptoms of blocked chakras all on your own.
Or, you can try mudras and mantras to unlock a blocked chakra. Mudras are hand postures and mantras are chants that you use during meditation to help you focus on a specific chakra that you want to open or unclog.
And finally, chakra jewelry are pieces of semiprecious stones and minerals that you can use in your daily life and meditation as well. The energy of the crystals has an effect on your chakras and helps in opening them.
What Is Chakra Cleansing?
Chakra cleansing is a spiritual practice that is meant to remove the blockage of emotions and energy.
It is also meant to help you leave behind what is behind you and move forward with a clear mind and heart.
Chakra cleansing is another method of unblocking your chakras and can help you lead a healthier, better-balanced life.