The seven chakras are a great way to understand the interconnection between your physical and spiritual body. Here, you will learn what the symptoms of blocked chakras are.
Which of your chakras needs your attention most? You’re about to find out.
Why Do Chakras Get Blocked?
When illness manifests in a part of the body, there will be a correlated block or imbalance in one or more of your chakras.
Generally, the seven chakras are classified from the bottom to top of the head in an ascending manner. Each chakra has a corresponding color. All colors combined create an ascending rainbow.
How do you know if your chakras are blocked?
Here’s a description of the 7 most significant chakras and how to recognize if you have symptoms of blocked chakras:
1. Root Chakra
Position: Base of the Spine
Objective: It corresponds to the physical body and connection to the Earth. Just like a foundation, it is concerned with the basics of survival:
food, shelter, safety, comfort, and belonging.
When your Root Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Feeling stuck and sluggish
- Stress due to over-reliance on external circumstances
- Persistent financial problems
- Feeling that you have been abandoned by your parents
- Constantly getting by or going without
- Hatred and anger toward your body
- Feeling you are not good enough the way you are
When your Root Chakra is open you…
- Have a strong connection with your family
- Have friends that are like family to you
- Feel wanted and loved
- Feel content with your body
- Are confident with money
- Always have enough for what you need and want
2. Sacral Chakra
Position: Below the belly button. Looking at the body from head to toe, this is your physical center.
Objective: Sexuality, the nature of your relationships, freedom from guilt, pleasure, sensation, creativity and the joys of life.
When your Sacral Chakra is blocked you may experience…
- Difficulty allowing yourself to become emotionally and sexually intimate
- The belief that sex is bad, that it can hurt you, or you feel you have to be sexy to be loved
- Feelings of abuse, hurt, and confusion
- Distrust that you can be loved for being you
- A struggle toward a healthy self-image
- A string of unsuccessful, toxic relationships
- You have a strong sense of your sexuality and recognize it as one of your most powerful creative energies
- You create healthy sexual experiences with others that honor you, you enjoy pleasure in many different ways in life
- Feeling powerless or victimized
- Giving your power away to others as you feel this is necessary to keep peace in relationships
- Difficulty taking action on your dreams due to low self-esteem
- Stomach pains and anxiety
- Have a strong sense of your own power and how to use it in healthy ways
- Admire others with power and influence and choose to emulate people who are
- Want to use your power and influence for good in the world
- Fear of commitment and feeling like you have to please others to be loved
- Hurt from past relationships and now feel like you have to guard yourself against being hurt again
- Trouble with giving and receiving love and being compassionate
- The need to hold grudges
- Heart disease, asthma, and allergies
- Are comfortable in your relationships
- Give and receive love easily
- Feel a heartfelt sense of gratitude for how wonderful your life is
- Appreciate others and feel compassion for yourself and others without feeling sorry for anyone
- Fear of speaking up and saying what you want or feel
- Feeling inclined to go along with others so you don’t upset anyone
- Frustration because you don’t feel that other people hear what you have to say
- Sore throats or feeling like your throat is blocked
- Are comfortable speaking your truth
- Experience others listening to you
- Feel that you are heard and honored for your truth
- A struggle to find meaning in life and often ask yourself, “Why am I here?”
- Disconnect from your intuition
- Difficulty making decisions
- Feeling lost when it comes to your spiritual purpose and path in life
- Frustration that there is something wrong or out of alignment
- Headaches and tension in your brow area
- Trust and act with confidence
- Have a strong sense of your own inner truth and listen to and follow it as it guides you on your life path
- Loneliness, insignificance, and aimlessness
- A strong attachment to material possessions and achievements (and define yourself according to them) and a disconnect from the spiritual side of life
- A lack of connection or guidance from a higher power
- Feeling unworthy of spiritual help and anger that your higher power has abandoned you
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Feel connected to a higher power and sense that you are being watched over and cared for
- Know you deserve immense blessings
- Feel immense gratitude for the universal love and appreciation you feel towards yourself and others
When your Sacral Chakra is open…
3: Solar Plexus Chakra
Position: Above the navel – two inches below the breastbone.
Objective: Relationship with yourself, personal power, self-esteem, self-worth, and freedom from shame.
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is blocked you may experience…
When your Solar Plexus Chakra is open you…
4. Heart Chakra
Position: Center of chest
Objective: Love and spirituality, compassion, emotional zone, masculine/feminine of the self, and forgiveness. Love doesn’t mean only love for others; it also applies to self-love and self-acceptance.
When your Heart Chakra is blocked you may experience…
When your Heart Chakra is open you…
5. Throat Chakra
Position: Hollow of throat
Objective: Your communication center — your voice, your creative self-expression. Speaking your truth, coming from the center of your willpower, listening and being heard.
When your Throat Chakra is blocked you may experience…
When your Throat Chakra is open you…
6. Third Eye Chakra
Position: Between the eyebrows
Objective: Responsible for psychic abilities such as intuition as well as your sense of purpose in life — self-reflection, visualization, discernment, and trust of your own intuition.
When your Third Eye Chakra is blocked you may experience…
When your Third Eye Chakra is open you…
7. Crown Chakra
Position: Top of the head
Objective: This is the connection between you and the divine. It is responsible for spirituality, belief systems, revelation, divine consciousness, and enlightenment. Your brain functions and central nervous system are controlled by the crown chakra.
When your Crown Chakra is blocked you may experience…
When your Crown Chakra is open you…
A blockage in one primary chakra causes imbalances in the rest.
Now, this list of symptoms of blocked chakras can be overwhelming. But remember, you most likely have a blockage in one primary chakra that causes an imbalances among the rest.
That’s why it’s important to find out where the main blockage is and what caused it. Then, with simple knowledge and exercises, you can restore the free flow of energy in your body.
When the seven chakras are in balance, life feels good, and all is as it should be.
This small introduction to the seven chakras is just the start of that journey.
Check out Chakra Healing: 9 Amazing Ways To Clean And Heal Your Chakras to learn what you can do next.
How Do You Unlock Your Chakras?
There are many ways that you can open your chakras once you know they are clogged or blocked.
Firstly, meditation is one of the best ways to open your chakras. With powerful awareness and concentrated focus, you can fix symptoms of blocked chakras all on your own.
Or, you can try mudras and mantras to unlock a blocked chakra. Mudras are hand postures and mantras are chants that you use during meditation to help you focus on a specific chakra that you want to open or unclog.
And finally, chakra jewelry are pieces of semiprecious stones and minerals that you can use in your daily life and meditation as well. The energy of the crystals has an effect on your chakras and helps in opening them.
What is a chakra cleansing?
Chakra cleansing is a spiritual practice that is meant to remove the blockage of emotions and energy.
It is also meant to help you leave behind what is behind you and move forward with a clear mind and heart.
Chakra cleansing is another method of unblocking your chakras and can help you lead a healthier, better balanced life.
Unblock Chakras For Optimal Life BalanceHow do you know whether an emotional blockage is keeping you from moving forward in life?
Most of us carry emotional blockages. They can show up anywhere — in our relationships, at work.
These blocks create an imbalance in mind, body, and spirit but we can restore balance through an ancient energy system.
Recognising where an energy block has accumulated is the first step.
But leaning how to unblock chakras is what’s needed to restore balance in the body and mind.
If you want to discover how to heal & align your 7 Chakras to elevate your life & bring your boldest dreams into reality, then join this Free Masterclass with Leading Chakra Expert & Energy Healer, Anodea Judith, where you’ll learn:
✅ Rapidly diagnose which of your chakras are open or closed so you can identify which area of your life to focus your attention to most.
✅ The #1 mistake spiritually-inclined people make in their spiritual growth journey that actually makes them feel less fulfilled and whole in life.
✅ How to use the “2-Way Chakra Energy Current” so you can manifest your ideal life AND tap into a higher consciousness for inspiration – all at the same time.
✅ Ever find yourself reliving the same negative life experiences over and over again? Learn how to use your Chakras as a tool to heal even your most painful traumas and finally liberate yourself from a cycle of pain, frustration and anxiety.
Register Today And Discover The Art of Balancing Your 7 Chakras To Heal and Manifest Your Ideal Life
So, which of these symptoms of blocked chakras do you identify with? Share in the comments below!