Imagine waking up each morning feeling perfectly grounded and centered. Nothing in the external world can take away that deep connection you have with yourself. And your days flow with ease and clarity because you feel supported by higher guidance.
This is your natural state of balance when all your energy centers are clear and open. And you can get into it by incorporating chakra meditation into your daily routine.
The best part is that you will free two birds with one key—heal your chakras and reap a plethora of benefits from meditation.
Once you cover the basics, you can dive deeper into each chakra.
What Do the 7 Chakras Represent?
In short, the seven chakras in the body represent energy centers that are relevant to your human experience.
According to Anodea Judith, renowned chakra expert and trainer of Mindvalley’s Chakra Healing Quest, “chakras are the portals between the inner and outer worlds—whatever you do inside transforms the outside.”
So this system represents a human map for wholeness. And when you apply this map to each and every energy center, it makes you whole as it connects your body, mind, and spirit in a cosmic, orderly way.
What Is Chakra Meditation?
Chakra meditation is a spiritual practice that targets blocked chakras. Depending on its purpose, it can be a chakra-clearing meditation or a chakra-alignment meditation. With a proper chakra meditation technique, you can cleanse, clear, align, and balance your chakras.
On top of that, according to Anodea, this ancient tool can help you access your inner wisdom and creativity and develop a profound connection to yourself and the world around you. “It gives you access to the full potential of your energy systems,” she explains.
The Benefits of Chakra Meditation
Since chakra meditation tackles numerous aspects of your physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being, practicing it regularly can elevate multiple areas of your life:
- Better self-awareness. It helps you become more aware of your body, mind, and energy because the chakra framework holistically approaches the human system.
- Improves focus and concentration. Chakra meditation involves focusing our attention on specific energy centers in our body. This practice can improve our ability to concentrate and stay focused on tasks.
- Reduces anxiety and depression. Meditation practice is a proven method to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression. By activating and balancing our energy centers, you can release negative emotions and increase feelings of well-being.
- Boosts creativity. By opening up the energy centers related to creativity and inspiration, you can unlock greater innovation and problem-solving abilities.
- Improves physical health. It can improve physical health by balancing the energy centers related to specific organs and bodily functions. For example, meditating on the solar plexus chakra can improve digestion and metabolism.
- Promotes spiritual growth. The crown chakra is related to spirituality and gives you access to higher levels of consciousness and wisdom. So by focusing on this energy center, you can deepen your spiritual connection and sense of purpose.
Anodea suggests working on all seven chakras, starting from the bottom and moving to the top, for holistic chakra healing.
How to Identify Blocked Chakras
When one of your chakras is blocked, it hinders the natural flow of energy through your body. So the blockage will be compensated with the energy of more functional chakras.
This is how interconnected all energy centers are. And this is why some chakras become deficient while others accumulate excessive energy.
Both pose serious repercussions for your mental and physical balance. And chakra meditation is the best way to keep all of your chakras open and bring them into harmony.
How to test your chakras for imbalances
The holistic way to understand chakra blockages is by learning more about each chakra and their interconnectedness as a system. In doing so, you can look out for its associated signs of imbalance.
Every chakra has unique symptoms (both physical and mental) that indicate deficient or excessive energy. When you understand the purpose and the challenge of each center, you can easily identify them.
Learn more: How to Identify the Symptoms of Blocked Chakras
How Do You Meditate and Open Your Chakras?
Because your chakras are part of an intimately connected system, it’s better to meditate on all of them to bring the entire system into balance. With time and experience, you’ll get better at detecting individual imbalances and directing your meditation to focus on particular chakras.
Here’s how to do chakra meditation:
- Find a peaceful place where you won’t be disturbed for at least half an hour.
- Sit comfortably on the floor with your legs folded in front of you. You can sit on a cushion if you find the position uncomfortable. Hold your spine erect but not stressed. Let your hands fall limp on your knees. Breathe deeply and evenly.
- Now visualize each chakra in sequence, from the root to the crown. Using chakra colors, imagine a spinning energy ball in the area, clearing, cleansing, and balancing it. As you do, breathe deeply.
- Give each chakra ample time and focus until you can see vibrant energy passing through it. Each chakra deserves several minutes for itself.
- By the time you reach the crown chakra, you should have a clear mental image of fresh energy flowing all the way through your body.
It can be tricky to keep track of the energy centers and colors you need to focus on in the beginning, so using guided meditation can help you pace your practice and keep you focused on the proper chakra.
Listen to the powerful Chakra Activation meditation, guided by Anodea Judith (available on the Mindvalley app for free).
Learning an Ancient Formula for Wholeness
Your chakra healing journey is a journey from finite to infinite, from human programming to divine wholeness.
It’s a process of accessing a higher power and wisdom that’s greater than you, making your body, mind, and spirit re-connected in a cosmic way.
If you aspire to learn this formula for wholeness, Chakra Healing Quest with Anodea Judith is for you. It has helped thousands of people around the world heal their minds, bodies, and spirits, with over 18,000 success stories. This is what one of the students on the Quest experienced:
Thank you, Anodea Judith, for helping me find more inner peace and for bringing a sense of awe, wonder, and beauty back into my life.— Trent Thomason, student of Chakra Healing Quest
The great thing is that you can sample classes from this Quest by unlocking your free access.