Are you looking for a confidence boost, a way to conquer your fears, or simply some daily inspiration?
Confidence quotes have the power to inspire you, uplift you, and guide you on your journey to greater self-assurance.
Here are 75 of them to make up your day—and eventually your life.
Famous Quotes on Confidence
Throughout history, many important figures from all walks of life have shared their wisdom on confidence. These are the most popular quotes from some of them.
1. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
2. “Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.” — Richard Kline
3. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.” — Swati Sharma
5. “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” — John Wooden
6. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D. Larson
7. “Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong.” — Peter T. McIntyre
8. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” — Alan Cohen
9. “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” — J.M. Barrie, from Peter Pan
10. “Not having the best situation but seeing the best in your situation is the key to happiness.” — Marie Forleo
“You Are Enough” Quotes About Confidence
If you believe that you are not complete and worthy just as you are, then these quotes can help you change your mind.
11. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” — Maya Angelou
12. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D. Larson
13. “You are enough just as you are. Each emotion you feel, everything in your life, everything you do or do not do… where you are and who you are right now is enough. It is perfect.” — Haemin Sunim
14. “You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
15. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” — Charles Bukowski
16. “You are your best thing.” — Toni Morrison
17. “You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.” — Sierra Boggess
18. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” — Howard Thurman
19. “There is only one person responsible for the quality of life you live and that person is you.” — Jack Canfield
20. “Your time is now. Start where you stand and never back down. You are enough and you have everything it takes to fulfill your dreams.” — Unknown
Best Confidence Quotes by Mindvalley Trainers
Mindvalley is dedicated to personal development and growth. So it’s no coincidence that our trainers put confidence front and center.
These are some of the quotes of our trainers in regard to confidence and how to build a better self by improving it.
Paul McKenna’s quotes
Paul McKenna is an internationally best-selling author whose books have sold over 10 million copies and been translated into 32 languages. He’s also the trainer of Mindvalley’s Total Self-Confidence Quest, a program for anyone who wants to show up in every situation with unshakable confidence, personal power, and authenticity.
21. “Confidence is not something you have; it’s something you create.”
22. “Any negative traits you identify are not really yours—they belong to your negative self-image and were programmed into you when you were a child. By identifying them honestly, you are about to let them go!”
23. “You are constantly letting other people know how to treat you by the way you treat yourself.”
24. “Feeling a level of confidence in yourself can withstand the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune and carry you forward to the life of your dreams.”
25. “Real confidence is about being natural and authentic, comfortable in your own skin.”
26. “Confidence is a state of mind and body, a way of perceiving the world and thinking about yourself.”
He may be best known as the founder and CEO of Mindvalley, but Vishen is also a best-selling author and well-known speaker. He’s also the trainer of Mindvalley’s Silva Ultramind System Quest, where he teaches you how to develop greater confidence through positive beliefs and visualization techniques.
27. “By embracing your real and authentic self and by allowing your own light to shine, you give others permission to do the same.”
28. “One of the keys to being extraordinary is knowing what rules to follow and what rules to break.”
29. “With an open heart and a big smile on your face, embrace every experience life sends your way, whether good or bad. By doing so, no experience will ever be wasted.”
30. “There’s nothing more captivating than a person vibrant with life and passion and pursuing their calling.”
31. “Sometimes in life, you have to destroy what is merely good to allow what is truly great to come in.”
Kristina Mänd-Lakhiani’s quotes
Kristina Mänd-Lakhiani is the co-founder of Mindvalley and author of the best-selling book Becoming Flawesome: The Key to Living an Imperfectly Authentic Life. She’s also the creator of From Awesome to Flawesome Quest—a program dedicated to discovering your authentic self.
32. “Only when you know what you are, you are capable of moving towards what you want to become.”
33. “Self-care is about surviving, while self-love is about thriving.”
34. “Focus more on the things we do well and that don’t take effort, because that’s where our genius zone is.”
35. “Almost all the bad things that we do to other people are because we don’t truly love ourselves. Because if we truly love and accept ourselves, we don’t need to prove anything to anyone.”
36. “The world doesn’t need perfection. It needs the real you.”
Florencia Andres’s quotes
Florencia Andrés, the author of the best-selling Confianza Total and trainer of the Spanish-speaking Mindvalley Quest of the same name.
37. “Negative self-talk is a habit, not a trait. We can unlearn it and replace it with positive self-talk and affirmations.”
38. “Having self-doubt is part of being human.”
39. “We’re all born with this inner flame—confidence.”
40. “Confidence is a muscle. The more you train it, the stronger it gets.”
41. “Your most important relationship in life is with yourself.”
Marisa Peer’s quotes
Marisa Peer is UK’s #1 therapis, as per Tatler Magazine. She’s also the founder of Rapid Transformational Therapy® (RTT®) and trainer of Mindvalley’s Rapid Transformational Hypnotherapy for Abundance Quest.
42. “You need to put your effort into falling in love with you and then the world will change so dramatically.“
43. “The most effective way to boost self-esteem is to praise yourself.”
44. “People who are very successful never ever wait for motivation. They do it because when you do it you become motivated.”
45. “Small changes in the way you speak to yourself can have extraordinary impact on your well-being.”
46. “We cannot change what happens to us but we can change how we respond to it.”
Rolene Strauss’s quotes
Dr. Rolene Strauss is an entrepreneur, author, and winner of Miss South Africa and Miss World 2014. She’s also known as the Transformational Self-Confidence Coach and the trainer of Mindvalley’s The Queen Effect Quest, a program for women who are looking to discover their inner “queen energy” to overcome self-doubt and limiting beliefs.
47. “It’s about time we start saying NO to perfect, comparison, and low self-confidence, and YES to self-worth, courage, happiness, and success.”
48. “You are good enough just the way that you are.”
49. “In rediscovering self-confidence, you need to see ‘vulnerability’ as the first step towards making progress.”
50. “Any gap in your self-confidence is likely cheating you—and others— of your radiance, power, and impact as a woman.”
51. “Self-confidence doesn’t just come from willpower, but from four readily available sources you can tap into right now.”
Self-Confidence Quotes for Women
Self-confidence quotes for women can promote empowerment, challenge stereotypes, and improve mental and emotional well-being. Here’s a list of some powerful women:
52. “Cultivate your confidence, grow your power, become the amazing gift that you are to yourself and share it with the world.” ― Christie Marie Sheldon
53. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
54. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform.” — Diane Mariechild
55. “Confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can have. It’s much sexier than any body part.” — Aimee Mullins
56. “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” — Blake Lively
57. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” — Melinda Gates
58. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” — Coco Chanel
59. “Stop seeking for external validation. Learn to be okay with people not knowing your side of the story, and learn to let go of the need to always control the narrative.” — Dr. Caroline Leaf
Confidence Quotes for Men
Confidence for men is not about being arrogant or overbearing. It’s about having faith in your abilities, being self-assured, and facing life’s challenges with a positive attitude.
Here are some from men who have embraced this mindset:
60. “Fear? What has a man to do with fear? Chance rules our lives, and the future is all unknown. Best live as we may, from day to day.” ― Sophocles
61. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” — Mark Twain
62. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde
63. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” — Peter T. McIntyre
64. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” — Michel de Montaigne
65. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” — Unknown
66. “Confidence is not ‘they will like me.’ Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.'” — Unknown
67. “As you think, you shall become.” — Bruce Lee
Motivational Quotes on Confidence
Motivational quotes can be useful tools to motivate and empower you. Here’s a list of them you can use on your journey toward self-assuredness:
68. “Confidence comes from crossing thresholds.” ― Kamal Ravikant
69. “Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it Faith. Feed it Truth. Feed it with Love.” — Lisa Nichols
70. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” — Marcus Garvey
71. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self—confident, and more and more successful.” — Mark Victor Hansen
72. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D. Larson
73. “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” — Brian Tracy
74. “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got this.” — Chantal Sutherland
75. “The way to develop self—confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” — William Jennings Bryan
Let Your Confidence Do the Talking
Confidence quotes are eye-opening for understanding the importance and impact confidence can have in your life. That said, if you want to really start boosting your confidence, you can start improving it in practice.
Mindvalley has teamed up with Paul McKenna to design a program specifically to help with total self-confidence. It is, after all, in its name—the Total Self-Confidence Quest.
In it, you’ll learn how to:
- Show up with unwavering confidence, personal power, and authenticity.
- Remain calm and worry-free even in the face of adversity and uncertainty.
- Articulate your desires effectively and negotiate with confidence.
- Overcome negative conditioning, doubts, and insecurities.
- Rewire your subconscious mind, boosting your self-belief and resilience.
Remove doubt from your vocabulary. And find yourself with total self-confidence and limitless self-belief.
Featured image generated on Midjourney.