In the world of innovation, the ultimate goal to focus on is your personal development. Although there are many training courses and certifications, the good old method of reading personal development books might be the simplest way to skyrocket your growth.
Not only they’re cost-effective and easy to get your hands on them, but many of these self-improvement reading resources are written by Mindvalley authors.
So here’s a list of the ten must-read personal development books, handpicked just for you by Mindvalley community members and employees:
- Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch
- The Silva Mind Control Method by José Silva
- The Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks
- Limitless by Jim Kwik
- Happy Money by Ken Honda
- The Energies of Love by Donna Eden and David Feinstein
- A Radical Awakening by Dr. Shefali Tsabary
- I Am Enough by Marisa Peer
- Conscious Uncoupling by Katherine Woodward Thomas
- The 6 Phase Meditation Method by Vishen
Ready, steady…and read on.
#1: Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch
About the author: A globally celebrated spiritual teacher, Neale Donald Walsch started his spiritual journey at a rock-bottom point of his life. After several failed marriages, health issues, and financial lack, he scratched a series of angry, spiteful questions on his notepad. “What does it take to make life work for God’s sake?” he asked.
To his surprise, a soft and loving voice replied. He wrote down the answers and asked even more questions. This divine conversation felt “exactly like taking dictation.”
This is how the world-famous Conversations with God was born.
Key takeaways: If you’re looking for profound answers to your most burning questions, this is an eye-opening book for you.
- From philosophical topics such as the meaning of life and your soul’s purpose on Earth to specific questions regarding money, love, and power, you will find clarity written in black and white.
- Extending to three volumes, the books cover all aspects of our day-to-day life, spiritual beliefs, the influence of religion on society, historical events, life after death, and the journey of human beings through all times and dimensions.
This is one of the masterpiece books on personal development that you won’t regret taking your time to enjoy.
#2: The Silva Mind Control Method by José Silva
About the author: After building a successful electronic-repair business, José Silva got interested in psychology and wanted to see if he could increase his children’s IQ. After discovering that his daughter showed clairvoyant abilities, he started to learn more about psychic capacity.
He experimented with brain wave activity and began developing The Silva Mind Control Method, which he later started teaching to a large audience of people. This method has become a widely known mind-control technique, one of Vishen’s pillars of his personal development.
Key takeaways: The book takes you through a revolutionary mind control program that helps you:
- alleviate stress
- increase creativity
- develop concentration
- strengthen your relationships
- nurture feelings of gratitude and love within
What’s truly great about this technique is that it can be applied to any area of your life where you want to see powerful transformation in.
Today, Mindvalley is the world’s biggest publisher of the Silva Method programs, which teaches you how to open your mind to self-healing and intuition.
You can access more guided meditations by reading this article: 5 of the Best Guided Meditations by Mindvalley Authors.
#3: The Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks
About the author: Through divine guidance from non-physical beings who call themselves Abraham, Esther and Jerry Hicks have shared with the world powerful teachings regarding the Law of Attraction. They have traveled to approximately 50 cities a year since 1989 to share this knowledge with those passionate about the fundamental universal laws.
Key takeaways: One of the world’s famous personal development books, The Law of Attraction, presents:
- the mechanisms behind how all the wanted and unwanted are drawn into our lives
- how to use the principles of this law for your benefit and program the Universe to work in your favor
“What goes around comes around,” “Birds of a feather flock together,” “Like attracts like” — are only a few of the familiar sayings we frequently use in the colloquial language.
Maybe we haven’t been aware that they all refer subtly to the law of attraction that draws the whole portray of how our lives are going to look like.
#4: Limitless by Jim Kwik
About the author: Before Jim Kwik was recognized as one of the foremost experts in speed-reading, memory improvement, brain performance, and accelerated learning, he was known as “the boy with the broken brain”.
At the age of five, Jim suffered a head injury that left him with severe learning challenges, and as a result, he would struggle throughout his schooling years. An epiphany hit him when he was in college, as he realized the system was only telling him what to learn.
However, never once has he been taught anything about how to learn.
Key takeaways: In this book, Jim unravels:
- how the brain truly works
- strategies to improve mental performance
- powerful methods to increase mental expansion
- how to achieve ultimate brain fitness
If knowledge is power, learning is your superpower.— Jim Kwik, bestselling author and trainer of Mindvalley’s Superbrain Quest
Through his book, Jim teaches you all you need to know about how to upgrade your mindset, level up your motivation game, and successfully apply new methods of learning to bring you the best results.
#5: Happy Money by Ken Honda
About the author: Ken Honda is Japan’s most influential money teacher. Fondly known as ‘The Zen Billionaire’, Ken has sold eight million copies of his books on teaching people how to achieve ultimate financial success.
He spent years of his life researching what the principles of making money flow easily into your life truly are. After surveying over 12,000 self-made millionaires in Japan, while being mentored by the late Wahei Takeda (the ‘Warren Buffett of Japan’), he began noticing a common pattern among the richest, happiest, and most fulfilled people.
Key takeaways: Ken conveyed his knowledge in his book, Happy Money, where you’ll discover:
- the most efficient ways to heal your relationship with money
- how to allow it to come and go with respect and contentment
What he believes to be the secret of financial prosperity, Ken will take you through the core elements of Money EQ and show you how to eradicate the myth of scarcity. Money is flowing energy that should be let free and in turn, will come back more abundantly than ever.
#6: The Energies of Love by Donna Eden and David Feinstein
About the author: Donna Eden was born with the gift of seeing people’s energy bodies (the invisible forces that animate the human body). After suffering from an illness at the age of 27, Donna discovered that she can use her innate abilities to heal herself.
For the past 40 years, Donna has been relentlessly proclaiming, teaching, and demonstrating that our bodies are a collection of energy systems and that there are ways to naturally and systematically reclaim our health and vitality.
As you embrace your deepest nature, the energies of your being shine forth into your body, your mind, and your world.— Donna Eden, NYT bestselling author and trainer of Mindvalley’s The Energies of Love Quest
Key takeaways: She shares her experiences in the book The Energies of Love, written alongside her husband, David Feinstein (a pioneer in Energy Psychology).
The Energies of Love reveals:
- real-life stories from the author’s workshop attendees of how they worked with their energy bodies to heal dysfunctional relationship patterns
- how to create a stronger and more loving connection with their partners by better understanding each other’s energy bodies
#7: A Radical Awakening by Dr. Shefali Tsabary
About the author: Dr. Shefali Tsabary is a world-renowned clinical psychologist with expertise in family dynamics and personal development. She teaches courses and seminars around the globe, focusing on merging western philosophy with eastern wisdom.
Key takeaways: A Radical Awakening is one of the best personal development books for women that shows:
- dr. Shefali’s story of how she connected to her conscious self and discovered a new way of living aligned with her purpose
- a realistic perspective on how to unlock the power to connect with your most authentic self
- how to become who you’ve always wanted to be: more aware, more present, more loving, and more connected to your never-ending feminine wisdom
You can find more women-empowered inspiration by reading this article: In the Spirit of Empowerment: Quotes by Mindvalley’s Female Authors.
#8: I Am Enough by Marisa Peer
About the author: Marisa Peer, named the ‘Best British Therapist’ by Tatler and Men’s Health magazines, has spent nearly 30 years working with an extensive client list including royalty, Hollywood actors, Olympic athletes, CEOs, and political leaders.
As a hands-on therapist to her clients, Marisa uses Rapid Transformational Therapy®️ to unlock the brain’s neuroplasticity. She helps her clients rewrite their brains for performance, overcoming challenges, greater joy, and complete freedom.
Key takeaways: Through her book, I Am Enough, Marisa presents:
- a model of thinking that will free you from self-judgment, self-sabotage, and undesirable thoughts or behaviors
- how to liberate yourself from these mental constraints and have the chance to a new way of living, full of energy and joy
- how to tap into our infinite potential but also to realize that we’ve already done enough and been enough at any point we are in our lives
When you start resonating with your enoughness, your life will get so much better from the inside out.
Your potential expands as you move towards it. You could never know what you are capable of because as you get to it, your potential allows you to go even further.— Marisa Peer, world-renowned therapist and trainer of Mindvalley’s Rapid Transformational Hypnotherapy for Abundance Quest
#9: Conscious Uncoupling by Katherine Woodward Thomas
About the author: Before she was a bestselling author, Katherine Woodward Thomas decided to consciously evolve beyond her painful patterns in love when she was in her 40s. She miraculously manifest a beautiful marriage and became a mother for the first time.
For many years, she and her husband were happy together. A decade later, however, they realized that they’d grown apart and, after much discussion, decided to end their marriage.
Key takeaways: This is how the idea of Conscious Uncoupling came into action. Katherine decided to share with the world:
- a 5-step process that would help both involved in a couple to part ways lovingly and respectfully
- how to use a breakup as a powerful catalyst for a positive, life-altering breakthrough and change
#10: The 6 Phase Meditation Method by Vishen
About the author: Founder of Mindvalley, an award-winning entrepreneur, speaker, and New York Times bestselling author, Vishen is a certified Silva instructor and credits this method as a core base of his personal development. His journey with Mindvalley led him to explore the science behind helping people achieve their highest potential.
Key takeaways: The 6 Phase Meditation Method shows you:
- a 6-step magic-making protocol to increase creativity, focus, and overall joy in your life
- six unique mind programming exercises that you can do every day from the comfort of your home
- how to experience peak states of mental clarity in just a few minutes a day
What’s special about this personal development book is the complexity of the simplicity it brings into your day-to-day life. Written with a touch of humor, it’s impossible to get bored while uncovering this hyper-efficient method of improving your life quality right away.
Step Into Your Greatness
If you’ve already gone through these powerful personal development books and you’re ready to step into your greatness, you’ve come to the right place.
Mindvalley opens the door to dive deeper into the presented authors’ wisdom through carefully designed quests that will support you throughout your self-discovery journey. Welcome in.