Did you know that the life coaching industry is growing more than 6.7% per year?
Now more than ever, people everywhere are investing in their personal growth and they are looking for coaches to help them reach their goals.
If you’ve had the calling to help individuals reach their highest potential as human beings, life coaching is what you’ve been looking for.
So the real question is, how to become a transformational life coach?
The 7 Traits of Sought-After Life Coaches
If you want to join the world’s best life coaches, you need to put many hours of work and effort into your coaching and researching.
That includes developing yourself and your coaching skills. These are the 7 traits some of the greatest life coaches share that make them the rockstars that they are.
- Self-Awareness – As they say, “you can only take others as deep as you’ve gone yourself.” To really understand your clients and coach them powerfully, you must go through the coaching journey yourself. The more self-aware you are, the better coach you will be for them.
- Listening Skills – Coaching is all about listening. Deep listening is one of the greatest skills you can develop as a coach as it makes you fully present in the conversation and opens up the space for insights, aha moments, and transformation.
- Focused Learning – Like any other skill, coaching requires consistent practice. You need to continuously learn about new tools and techniques that can help your clients and your skills as a coach. You can research online, read new books, attend seminars, or even chat with other coaches. Whichever learning method you prefer as long as you keep improving yourself as a coach.
- Share compassionate truth – As hard as it may be sometimes, your clients need to hear the truth. Be honest and truthful when speaking about their progress and goals while still being kind. Be mindful of how you communicate to avoid any negative reactions that might affect the relationship with your client.
- Be committed to getting results – Be willing to work intensively with your clients to get the results desired even if you end up creating your own coaching techniques. See this trait as a way to use your creativity, curiosity, and life experiences, and channel them through trying new tools to create the impact you want to create.
- Define your boundaries – Have you ever had a coaching client calling you outside working hours for your support? One time could be urgent, but more than that is a big no-no. If you want to give your clients your best investment of time and energy, you need some time for yourself. Make sure you establish boundaries with your clients from the get-go to avoid blurring the lines between your work and your personal life.
- Open your mind and heart – We all have the freedom to choose and find happiness. That is why you shouldn’t judge your client’s choices or goals, only guide them towards becoming their best self.
Choosing Your Life Coaching Path
Passion is not enough to be a successful life coach. If you want to make a living out of it, you need to have a structure to build your business.
Follow these 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Define who you want to work with and what you want to focus on.
Being the best in a specific area will give you the winning edge over other coaches, and it will position you as the expert and make you unique in your field.
How To Put Yourself in an Accelerated Cycle of GrowthBy Vishen Lakhiani
By the end of this Masterclass, you will walk away with the tools and techniques you need to automate your personal growth and unlock your extraordinary potential.Reserve My Spot
Identify which are your ideal clients based on your personal experience and interests.
Step 2: Define the coaching methodology and techniques you’ll use to create results for your clients.
You can choose to create your own methodology or use an existing one to get started.
Step 3: Create your business plan. A solid roadmap will take you closer to your dream coaching business, faster.
Remember that becoming a great life coach – or any type of coach for that matter – doesn’t happen overnight.
It’s all about honing your skills and mastering your art, and coach, coach, coach!