Believe it or not, the ability to access the spirit world isn’t the prerogative of mediums. We’re all born with this ability and deep-seated intuitiveness.
But connecting with the spirit world takes some practice. It’s much like tuning into a radio frequency—you raise your vibration, the spirits lower theirs, and you meet each other in the middle.
To learn how to do it, here are some valuable tips:
- What Is the Spirit World?
- 3 Golden Rules for Tuning Into the Spirit World
- 5 Steps to Connect With the Spirit World
- The 11 Most Spiritual Places in the World
Psychicness likes in all of us; it’s just a matter of learning how to unlock these abilities. And once you open the door to the spiritual world, it will change you and your life in many wonderful ways.
What Is the Spirit World?
The spirit world is an ethereal plane existing parallel to our own, where souls and other spiritual entities reside.
According to Robert Monroe, a pioneer in the exploration of human consciousness and out-of-body experiences, there are three planes:
- Objective reality (also known as the human plane),
- The astral plane, and
- Wider dimension, planetary systems beyond the astral plane
So when it comes to the spirit world, it encompasses a wider dimension and represents a vast, multi-dimensional landscape of spiritual planes and planetary systems.
Unlike the physical plane, it’s not a singular place but a multi-layered reality beyond time and space. Yet this plane is connected to our physical plane, as there is an interconnectedness among all things.
In fact, your thoughts, emotions, and intentions can influence the spiritual plane and vice versa. This interconnectivity suggests that fostering a deeper understanding of the spirit world can help you navigate your life with greater clarity and purpose and improve your spirituality.
Above all, it offers a fascinating framework for understanding the nature of consciousness and the mysteries of the Universe.
3 Golden Rules for Tuning Into the Spirit World
Before you embark on your journey to connect with the spirit world, it’s crucial to have a roadmap for success. There are three indispensable guidelines that will serve as the foundation for your spiritual exploration:
- This journey is unique and highly individual. Honor that.
- Say what you see. Too often, people are afraid to say what they see or recognize it as truth. In doing so, they lose valuable and meaningful information. What you are receiving always has meaning.
- As you open this door, trust what comes first. Turn your analyzer off and tune into the truth with your heart. Whatever answer comes first will be the most accurate.
By embracing these three golden rules, you will be well-equipped to navigate the enigmatic spirit world. This will help you forge a deeper, more meaningful connection with the unseen forces that surround us.
The presence of higher beings is always available for you. And it’s up to you to integrate or reject this perspective.— Jeffrey Allen, trainer of Mindvalley’s Duality Quest
5 Steps to Connecting With the Spirit World
Ready to forge a bond with the spirit world? Let’s delve into five practical steps that will guide you on your journey to establish a profound connection with the mystical realm.
1. Set your intention
Setting a clear intention to communicate with the spirit world is essential because it serves as a guidepost for your spiritual journey. When you do so out loud, you do two things:
- Mentally prepare yourself for the experience and
- Send a powerful message to the Universe that you are ready and willing to receive guidance and insight from the other side.
So, state out loud your intention to open the door to speak and receive messages from the spirit world.
As you do, remember that there is a divine plan much greater than yours in this intention. The Universe is always listening and will fulfill your intention in divine timing.
Jeffrey Allen, spiritual teacher and trainer of Mindvalley’s Duality Quest, explains that your higher mind resides in stillness, and it’s through it that you can connect to the spirit world. This is why your daily meditation is crucial; it helps you quiet your logical, analyzing left brain and enables you to tap into your intuitive, receptive right brain.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Acknowledge your left brain’s tendency to analyze and overthink.
- Consciously make an agreement with it to switch off during meditation, allowing your right brain to take the lead.
- Reassure your left brain that you will reconvene another time, creating a sense of partnership and balance between the two hemispheres.
This conscious effort will help you switch off your analyzer when you need to connect with the spirit world and foster a more profound, transformative meditative experience.
Listening to signs, symbols, and messages throughout your day is the next step in this journey. These may come in your dreams, songs, or synchronistic-like events in your day that strike you as coincidences.
But there is no such thing as coincidence. Jeffrey explains that spiritual beings can communicate in many ways, including:
- Hearing. It might be a conversation in your head in your own voice;
- Sight. It can be light, visions, signs, numbers, or images. You might see a glow around important people;
- Thoughts and insights. You may have an instant understanding;
- Situations and opportunities. You may not be able to make sense of the situation in the beginning, but later you will see its significance;
- Feelings. You may feel a strong pull towards something or someone; and
- Synchronicities. Signs that are significant to you and your experience.
What’s more, they will communicate in any way you listen.
4. Create a reading screen
The reading screen is your viewing receptacle. It is where you will receive images and pictures through which the spirit may communicate.
Here’s how you can create it:
- Using your mind’s eye, imagine a large movie screen in front of you,
- Give it a grounding cord and secure it to the center of the Earth,
- Now, ask your question or ask for a message from the spirit, and
- Let the answer come to you.
The first image that comes to mind will be your answer, be it symbolic or literal.
5. Tap into your ESP
Connecting with the spirit world requires the use of your extra sense. Also known as extrasensory perception, these are your “clair” abilities that enable you to have heightened senses.
Believe it or not, you already use them, without knowing you’re using them, according to Jeffrey. Here are a few examples:
- Clairvoyance, or clear seeing: when you visualize or daydream.
- Claircognizance, or clear knowing: when you spontaneously know something before it happens.
- Clairaudience, or clear hearing: when you hear different sounds during meditation or play your favorite song in your head.
- Clairgustance, or clear tasting: when you taste something during meditation.
- Clairalience, or clear smelling: when you smell something during meditation.
- Clairsentience, or clear feeling: when you sense something is wrong in a room, move your awareness behind your eyes, feel cosmic energy running through your chakras.
- Clairkinesthesia, or clear touching: when you can feel textures or the touch of someone you love during meditation.
In addition, you can develop these abilities to be able to use them consciously on demand.
Bonus: More tips for connecting to the spirit world
As your connection to the spirit grows, your dreams will be one of the best ways to receive messages.
Here’s what you can do:
- Before you go to bed at night, simply ask the spirit to come.
- You are the vehicle that is making this happen, so expect and intend their arrival, albeit on their time.
- Pay attention to the last dream before you wake up and notice any colors, symbols, words, and people that are present. You will know it is your loved one because the dream is very colorful and vivid.
- Make dream journaling a habit to identify recurring patterns and symbols. This will help you understand the ways the spirit communicates. On top of that, it’s essential to learn how to become aware of your dream state while you are sleeping.
- Learn astral projection to travel to other planes of existence.
- Practice chakra meditation regularly to clear, open, and heal your upper chakras.
- Raise your vibration as the spirit world dwells at a higher vibrational frequency than the physical plane.
Also, it is invaluable to connect with others of like mind and spend time learning and growing together. Not only is it more fun, but it also brings more results, according to science.
The 11 Most Spiritual Places in the World
There are special locations in the world that are imbued with palpable energy and serve as conduits to the spirit world. They attract countless pilgrims seeking divine inspiration, healing, and inner peace.
Here are ten such places:
- Varanasi, India. Revered by Hindus as the most sacred city, Varanasi’s ancient streets and spiritual ambiance have drawn countless pilgrims seeking divine connection. With its countless ancient ashrams, Varanasi is a must-go place for the best spiritual retreats.
- Sedona, Arizona. Famed for its mystical vortexes, Sedona’s stunning red rock formations set the stage for transformative experiences and spiritual awakening. Its unique energy is conducive to meditation, prayer, and natural healing.
- Lourdes, France. A haven for those seeking miraculous cures, Lourdes’ grotto, where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared, has become a beacon of hope for the ailing. By the way, the Catholic Church has officially recognized over seventy miracles that took place in Lourdes.
- Koyasan, Japan. Nestled in the heart of the Kii Mountains, Koyasan is one of the most sacred places in Japan. Its atmospheric temples and serenity make it a veritable paradise for those pursuing inner peace.
- Machu Picchu, Peru. Although it is Peru’s most well-known attraction, Machu Picchu is still shrouded in an aura of mystery. Every year, thousands of visitors walk among the ruins of the Temple of the Sun and the ritual stone of Intihuatana and hike to the Sun Gate for a panoramic view of the site as a whole.
- Ancient Egypt. Its deep-rooted religious beliefs, which were an integral part of its culture and society, and its monuments, artifacts, and mythology continue to fascinate and inspire modern people. Perhaps, one day, it will reveal even more mysteries to those who truly seek them.
- Delphi, Greece. According to legend, Zeus determined the site to be the center of “Grandmother Earth,” and it was guarded by a faithful python for hundreds of years. Perhaps no city epitomizes Greek mysticism better than mountainside Delphi.
- Lhasa, Tibet. Lhasa is considered the spiritual heart of Tibet and is home to many important Tibetan Buddhist sites, including the Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple.
- Uluru, Australia. Also known as Ayers Rock, Uluru is a sacred site for the indigenous Anangu people and is considered a spiritual and cultural center. It’s seen as a resting place for ancient spirits, connecting two worlds.
- Mecca, Saudi Arabia. Mecca is the holiest city in Islam and the birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad. It has been a center of trade and commerce for centuries and a sacred site of pilgrimage and worship for thousands of years, even before the advent of Islam.
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia. This massive temple complex in Cambodia, which was built in the 12th century, is one of the largest religious monuments in the world. Its intricate design, cultural heritage, and astronomical alignment make it a unique and important site for spiritual seekers.
These spiritual places represent the rich tapestry of human spirituality, transcending time and continuing to inspire awe, wonder, and reverence in people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Elevating Your Spiritual Connection
As you traverse this path of self-discovery, it’s paramount to be ever-mindful of your goal. No matter how enigmatic the spirit world appears and what secrets it can unlock, the point of your human experience is to integrate these experiences into your daily life.
Because your connection to your authentic self and life itself is the foundation of your connection with the spirit world. The stronger it is, the safer your otherworldly travels will be.
If you aspire to deepen and strengthen your bond with yourself as a body, mind, and spirit complex, join Jeffrey Allen’s Duality Quest. You will learn how to develop your energy body awareness and use it to attune to the invisible realms.
Most importantly, you will learn how to master your energy flow to better understand your body’s main energy channels. And by signing up for a free account, you get access to the first lessons from this Quest.