Quotes are nice.
I mean, doesn’t everybody love a good quote?
Personally, I think them akin to a cliche, in that the reason for their repetition amongst our collective memory is that they are meaningful and powerful!
Especially when we isolate quotes which reference something that is meaningful and powerful in and of itself.
Awareness quotes, for example.
What could possibly be more empowering than connecting to another human being through their empowering thoughts? I know, right?!
So here you are, today, addressing your own awareness and actively trying to be better at it.
What a great way to pursue such a thing. With some powerful, and meaningful, awareness quotes.
Ahh, your presence in this moment brings us smiles.
And as such, we’d love to return the favor.
A Developmental Path Towards Awareness
When we speak of awareness, we inevitably find ourselves talking of both tuning out, and tuning in.
We want to tune out, or unplug, from the external world. Not because we’re rejecting it, necessarily, but because we want to create some very real and very open space for what’s to come next.
Tuning in. We want to tune in to ourselves. In fact, so deeply that everything we’ve just tuned out re-assimilates with us in a place of complete oneness.
A place where all past and future stressors fade, and we find ourselves truly present in our awareness.
A place one does not simply end up, but that is accomplished as we take the mind through a developmental process.
Our first step in accessing, and ultimately embodying, our awareness, is quite simply, a realization.
Initially, a realization that we are not aware.
Secondarily, that perhaps we could be.
And then we begin to question. What happens when I do become aware?
Let us look at these 5 awareness quotes, as they may help in such a realization.
1. “Thought can organize the world so well that you are no longer able to see it.” — Anthony De Mello
2. “With rebellion, awareness is born.” — Albert Camus
3. “In order to grow sometimes we must cease striving to meet other people’s expectations and begin establishing new goals that develop our personal potential. If we live a life to satisfy all the direct or implicit anticipations of other people, we end up living a life full of regret because we failed to develop into a complete manifestation of our being.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls
4. “Awareness is like the sun. When it shines on things, they are transformed.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
5. “Life and death are illusions. We are in a constant state of transformation.” — Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
Accepting And Empowering Within Awareness
Once we’ve acknowledged our lack of awareness, and begun to seek a path of growth, we find ourselves facing a need for acceptance.
We must accept that the past is the past, and that although we have not been as aware as we perhaps could have been, it’s never too late to start.
Through our acceptance, we can then begin to derive power from each new step we take in our progressively forward direction.
Here are five more awareness quotes to aid us in this task.
1.“The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.” — Nathaniel Branden
2. “Being self-aware is not the absence of mistakes, but the ability to learn and correct them.” — Daniel Chidiac
3. “Your awareness expands through action in the direction of your fears.” — ATGW
4. “Awareness is all about restoring your freedom to choose what you want instead of what your past imposes on you.” — Deepak Chopra
5. “Hope, hopelessness, despair are relative. Awareness is absolute.” – Deepak Chopra
Finding Strength Within Awareness
As we begin to embrace life’s changes, we begin to find a great deal of strength in our new awareness.
We come to terms with our past, and now present self, and will inherently find a desire to build anew.
As is to be with any process of building, we may then seek certain components of strength. And in this case the strength which we are after is one whose roots lie deeply embedded in our psyche.
These five awareness quotes are here to provide us with just that strength.
1.“The world is not a problem, the problem is your unawareness.”— Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
2. “Awareness in our society has flipped all types of injustice on it’s head.”— Serj Tankian
3. “Wisdom tends to grow in proportion to one’s awareness of one’s ignorance.” — Anthony de Mello
4. “The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within- strength, courage, dignity.” — Ruby Dee
5. “The better your awareness, the better your choices. As you make better choices, you will see better results.” — Unknown
Understanding Awareness And Inciting Positive Change
So now we are here. We have realized our own lack of awareness, and have chosen to pursue an enhancement of it.
We’ve accepted our reality, come to terms with our past, and now find strength through our awareness moving forward.
What to do with all this strength?
First, we must understand. Through an objective reflection of ourselves, we can see the pain and the same uninitiated process in others. From here, may we do what we can to insight positive change.
Let these first two awareness quotes help us in our understanding.
1.”People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer a suffering that is familiar” — Thich Naht Hanh
2. “Know that people are doing the best they can from their level of awareness. Accept people for who they are and always be ready to forgive.” — Deepak Chopra
As our final three awareness quotes insight hope and encouragement towards a positive future.
1.”Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.” — James Thurber
2. “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” — Robert Thurman
3. “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.”— Betty Smith
Aren’t they just beautiful? Harness these words, write a few of these quotes down in your notebook, or even memorize one or two. It’s always good to have some constructive and healthy reminders at your disposal when the moment calls for such a thing.
May we move forward knowing that we have the power to live however it is that we choose. That power, lies in our awareness.
Maybe you have another awareness quote that you find empowering, or enlightening? If so, share them with us in the comments below!