“Breasts—so powerful,” says Bibi Brzozka, a love, sex, and relationship coach. Yes, the wonderfully unique and voluptuous part of your anatomy that gives you shape, provides sustenance, and encourages foreplay.
While they play an important role in the female anatomy, unfortunately, not all of us take care of our bosoms as we should. This is where doing a breast massage has its benefits.
Massage therapy, in its own right, is known to have tons of health benefits. And when you massage an intimate part of your body, it can lead you down a path of self-love, sensual awareness, sexual power, spiritual healing, and an open heart.
Interesting, right? So get to know three incredible benefits (backed by science, of course) and how you can use this powerful tool because healthy self-care includes your bosom.
What Are the Benefits of Breast Massage?
Other than your yearly Pinktober exam, freeing the nipple during sex, or feeding your newborn, when do you truly pay attention to your breasts? When have you given it the same self-care attention that other parts of your body may get? When have you shown them the love they deserve?
Your body holds traumatic energy, no matter the severity. However, when you connect with this energy through the kindness of touch (such as a relaxing massage or tantra massage), you’ll be able to create more transformational and long-lasting changes.
A study on the emotional and physiological responses to touch massage found that this modality “activates a brain area involved in coding of rewarding pleasant stimulations.” Its results also show that massage can be used to induce pleasure as well as decrease anxiety and stress.
On top of that, when it comes to breast massage therapy, using this modality can:
- Enhance blood circulation
- Assist lymph drainage, thereby reducing congestion in the muscle tissues
- Reduces breast tenderness or breast pain (especially before your period)
- Help open the milk ducts and improve milk flow for breastfeeding moms
- Detect cancer in the breasts
Here are a few more advantages, shared by Bibi during the 2021 Mindvalley Summit, that your breasts get with regular massage.
1. Breast massage releases the “love hormone”
One part of your breasts that deserves a highlight is the nipples. It contains a dense supply of nerves, which are sensitive to certain stimuli.
When the nipples are stimulated, they release the “love hormone,” oxytocin. And with that comes:
- Lower levels of stress
- Less anxiety
- Positive mood shifts
- Feelings of compassion
- Better connection
A study published in the International Journal of Neuroscience looked into the benefits of massage therapy on women diagnosed with breast cancer. The participants reported less depressed mood, anxiety, and pain. What’s more, their “dopamine levels, natural killer cells, and lymphocytes increased.”
Simply put, the kindness of touch can have a calming effect on your emotions and positively influence your mental health.
2. Breast massage can light up the same part of the brain as the genitals
When your nipples are stimulated (as they can be during a breast massage), “it’s exactly the same part of the brain that lights up when our clitoris or our g-spot or our cervix are stimulated,” explains Bibi.
The evidence can be found in a ground-breaking 2011 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. It was the first to map which areas of the brain become active when women touch the different erogenous zones. The results show “the sensation from the nipples travels to the same part of the brain as sensations from the vagina, clitoris, and cervix.”
It sure gives a new meaning to “an erotic mind.”
3. Massaging the breasts produces sensations that connect to the vagina
Bibi has this saying: “[the breasts] are literally the two doorbells you want to be ringing to open the door.”
We now know that stimulating the nipples releases oxytocin, the same hormone released during labor. So the researchers of the same 2011 study found that when this happens, it triggers a uterus contraction. That, then, produces a sensation in the genital area of the brain. And that, in turn, sends the signals to the genitals.
Simply put, breast massage can cause feelings of arousal in your vagina. Ding to the dong.
Exploring the Breast Massage
There are some contraindications when it comes to breast massages, such as radiation, infection, or undiagnosed lump. In these instances, it’s best to consult with your doctor if breast massage is advisable for you at this time.
If you’ve got a clean bill of health, then it’s worth considering implementing this modality into your daily routine. And you don’t need to hire or be a licensed massage therapist to enjoy the benefits of breast massage. Here are some measures to keep in mind:
- Set an intention. Having an intention can really set the tone for your well-being. Look at your hands and send loving energy to them. Think of any negative vibes you want to clear from your heart and your breasts. Take deep, relaxing breaths that you may have mastered from meditation practices.
- Find a breast massage technique that suits you. There are many different techniques, like the tantric breast massage, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. Gently massage your breasts in circular motions, starting up in the middle and down on the outer side. Glide your fingers lightly around your nipples and areolas. Be aware of the sensations and what feels good to you. Go with the flow.
- Use oils. Use a base oil (preferably virgin and organic), like olive or coconut oil. Add in essential oils to enhance the benefits. Some recommended oils for breast health include frankincense, lavender, and geranium. But a word to the wise: essential oils are potent and can have severe effects if they’re not used correctly and safely. Make sure you consult with a certified aromatherapist before blending.
I [Heart] Boobs
Breast massage is more than just a gateway to sex. It’s a powerful tool that can liberate your orgasmic potential and unleash your unique beauty and power. It’s a modality that can truly be an asset in your transformational growth journey.
As the saying goes, “A feel a day keeps the doctor away.” And if you’re ready to learn the language of women and all that embodies it, head over to Mindvalley. There, you’ll have access to the best teachers, like Bibi Brzozka, who’ll guide you to be fully empowered, sensually fulfilled, and beautifully expressed.
Sounds intriguing? There’s only one way to find out. Welcome in.