If you think we live in the physical world, think again. We all live in our virtual worlds — the subjective worlds created by the mind, playing various scenes on our individual “mental screen.”
If that’s reality, then why not use yours to create the life you’ve ever wanted for yourself and others?
As it turns out, you can use your imagination and visualization to achieve your most audacious goals in alignment with your Soul’s desires — a technique called the Mental Screen. It’s one of the most powerful tools in the Silva Ultramind System program, which can unlock your intuition and help generate results beyond your rational mind.
And above all, the Silva Method techniques increase your capacity and ability to help others. As the late José Silva, creator of The Silva Method, used to say, “The extent to which you’re able to generate the results you want is in direct proportion to the amount of help you want to provide to the world, to the Universe.”
What is the Mental Screen Technique?
The Mental Screen is the Silva Method technique based on two distinct processes — using imagination to put out and visualization to receive. Let’s look at these processes to understand the technique better:
- When you create something in your mind, you’re using imagination. It’s directed outwardly like you’re using a mouth to speak out words.
- When you receive the information, you visualize it and open yourself to receiving it through intuition. It’s directed inwardly, like using ears to hear words.
According to Vishen, founder of Mindvalley and trainer of Mindvalley’s The Silva Ultramind System program, it’s one of the most potent tools to unlock your intuition. It’s also great for achieving your goals.
How to do the Mental Screen technique:
- First, imagine a giant television screen as big as you can see, at least six feet out in front of you. Imagine it elevated 20 degrees above the horizon to make your eyeballs shift up as it enhances your relaxation and gets you to the alpha level.
- Use this screen to project a goal that matters to you. It can be a relationship goal, a goal for your new home, or an ideal career — anything you want to achieve.
How to Manifest Using Mental Screen?
José believed that when you’re creating something on your “mental screen”, you also create it in reality. So, how do you manifest using the Mental Screen technique?
First, you want to use the technique at alpha and theta states — relaxed, meditative, and creative states, correlating with extrasensory perception (ESP). Second, you want to manifest a goal three years from now.
Cameron Herold, top business consultant and trainer of Mindvalley’s Vivid Vision™ Quest, explains that three years is the perfect time frame for big, hairy, audacious goals as we often overestimate what we can do in one year but underestimate what we can do in three.
You can visualize the goal you want to manifest on the “mental screen” during any of the Silva meditation sessions, any time of the day.
Other Techniques From the Silva Method
The Silva Method is a complex system, but it layers techniques on top of each other, which have a compound effect. Essentially, all techniques are built around The Centering Exercise — a central and foundational element of the system.
The center is what José called your “inner conscious level,” where your brain activity slows from beta to alpha, and time and space don’t exist. It’s the domain of your subjective mental world, bridging ESP.
Think of it as neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), when you program your mind with powerful verbal statements. So Silva created exact word patterns to use during the exercise.
He broke these word patterns into three groups — beneficial statements or affirmations to increase your mental faculties, ESP statements to enhance your connection to higher intelligence, and post-effect statements to ensure you use the method for the benefit of all beings.
You’re basically getting all the benefits of traditional passive meditation practice but with the bonus of adopting powerful new beliefs through José’s meticulously tested “programming statements.”
When you first start The Silva Ultramind System program on Mindvalley, you do the Centering Exercise in full. It consists of three levels of relaxation and takes just under half an hour to complete:
- Level 3 is about physical relaxation,
- Level 2 is about mental relaxation, and
- Level 1 is bringing you to your center where programming can take place.
The purpose of this exercise is to train your mind to enter altered states of consciousness by demand. The more you practice it, the quicker you get to your center. Eventually, you can trigger the alpha state by counting down from three to one.
Now let’s look at other techniques from the Silva Ultramind System:
The Silva Three-Scenes Technique
The Three-Scenes technique is a powerful behavioral change tool designed to retrain your mind and create new habits. Because you are at the alpha level, your mind can be easily reprogrammed. It’s based on visualizing three scenes:
- Your current situation in an exaggerated way,
- An action you can take to change the situation, and
- The end result.
According to Vishen, it’s an advanced tactic for creative visualization. “It requires you to do it every day. Each time you will be upgrading the first scene that will reflect any changes that have taken place,” he adds.
The best part is that this technique changes your self-identity.
When you step out of your center and go forth into the world, as long as you feel the right attitudes and beliefs and that the problem has been resolved, your identity has shifted.— Vishen, founder of Mindvalley and trainer of The Silva Ultramind System program
The key is using symbolism and imagination, bringing in all your senses and emotions.
Application: Use this technique to deal with smaller challenges, reprogram your beliefs, retrain habits, and solve problems where you know exactly what you want.
How to do The Silva Three-Scenes technique:
- In scene one, visualize the current situation in an exaggerated, memorable, and humorous way. Feel your pain, frustration, and any negative emotions associated with the situation.
- In scene two, visualize any action you know could help change the situation. You can see yourself taking that action or receiving help from another person.
- In scene three, see the ideal end result as if it’s happening right now. See how other people around you benefit from this outcome.
The Mental Video Technique
Created by José on his deathbed, it’s one of the most powerful techniques he had ever created in more than 40 years.
Unlike any other technique where you use your rational intention to create the solution, this technique goes beyond your human desires and understanding.
He called it a “Soul’s higher path” — the path your Soul wants you to experience in life. So José created this technique to help you find solutions and answers when you don’t know what’s the right path or this path is beyond your own determination.
This is why this technique utilizes the most powerful brain state of all — the delta state, the dominant state of deep, dreamless sleep, with zero awareness of the physical reality. These brain waves are of the greatest amplitude and slowest frequency.
The key is surrendering to higher intelligence without trying to figure it out alone.
Application: Use this when you don’t know the answer you are looking for and when you need creative insight as well as inspiration, choosing a path, career guidance, finding direction, or finding purpose. The protocol is too complex to explain here. If you want to master it, check The Silva Ultramind System program on Mindvalley.
Benefits and Uses of The Silva Method
Students of the Silva Method across the world experience uncanny changes in their mental faculties, overall health and well-being, relationships with others, and the divine. The following are just some of the benefits of the various Silva techniques:
- Activate and develop intuition.
- Spark creative inspiration.
- Cultivate remote viewing, an ability to get information at a distance.
- Eliminate stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Achieve deep relaxation on demand.
- Develop empathic telepathy.
- Cure insomnia and sleep disorders.
- Control pain and blood flow.
- Boost energy levels.
- Heal ailments.
- Eliminate tension and migraine.
- Enhance intelligence.
- Accelerate learning, and improve memory, focus, and concentration.
- Let go of negativity.
- Boost self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Set and achieve goals.
- Find solutions to immediate and pressing problems.
Most importantly, these techniques align you with your Soul’s purpose and teach you the highest universal principles, such as serving and benefiting others and seeing everything as one.
Take Your Life to a Superhuman Level
What José Silva was able to create in his 40 years of mind control study was breathtaking. And these few techniques here are just the entry point into a profound extrasensory system.
Other techniques in The Silva Ultramind System include psychometry, remote viewing, intuition, and the ability to project one’s consciousness.
Mastering the Silva Method takes time, but once you have made it a part of your life, you’ll be able to perform at what seems like superhuman levels. By the end of the program, you’ll have total mastery of your mind’s full scope of abilities to follow a clear path toward your fullest human potential and beyond.