Regardless of gender, we all have divine feminine energy within us. This energy is the most creative force there is, enabling us to create and express ourselves freely and to be resilient and playful. When we embody it, we embrace change and go with the flow.
While tapping into your divine feminine is easy, cultivating this power is the art of life. Most importantly, nurturing your feminine side can help you build harmonious relationships with people around you as well as help society solve many ecological problems.
What Is Feminine Energy?
Known as the Creatrix, the Great Mother of all creation, feminine energy is a feminine source of creative power.
It’s a combination of traits that transpire the nature of the Universe itself—creation, fluidity, nourishment, and receptivity.
In the chakra system, this energy resides in the sacral chakra, which is the center of your sensuality, emotions, and creativity, enabling you to create, pro-create, and enjoy fulfilling intimate relationships.
In astrology, earth and water are feminine elements of energy, and so are their signs.
Divine feminine energy
Divine feminine energy implies its purest expression, without distortions, individual or collective. Think of it as the expression of Mother Earth. It’s universally portrayed as an apogee of motherly love, nurture, compassion, support, and protection. It’s also associated with fertility and the cycles of life.
In many spiritual and religious traditions, the divine feminine is portrayed as a goddess or female deity who embodies divine feminine qualities:
- Gaia in Greek mythology,
- Isis in Egyptian mythology,
- Mokosh in Slavic mythology,
- Virgin Mary in Christianity,
- Kuan Yin, also known as Guan Yin, in Buddhism,
- Fatimah az-Zahra, the daughter of Prophet Muhammad, and
- Śakti in Hinduism.
The manifestation of divine feminine energy can also be seen in the natural cycles of the earth, such as the changing seasons and the cycles of birth and death. Most importantly, this energy is inherently pro-life, so bringing awareness to it can save many ecological challenges in the world.
Dark feminine energy
What is dark feminine energy? The concept of “dark feminine energy” isn’t universally accepted because it’s commonly seen as a display of the shadow aspects of feminine energy. This includes emotional manipulation, passive aggression, possessiveness, and jealousy. These negative traits can manifest in both men and women.
It is important to understand that everything in the Universe is governed by the principle of polarity, one of the seven Hermetic principles. It means that everything is dual, and like and unlike are the same. In other words, feminine energy should be seen as a spectrum.
According to Rachel Pringle, embodiment coach and trainer of Mindvalley’s Wild Woman Sensuality Quest, in this dualistic reality, your light and darkness are equally important. If you don’t express your darkness and celebrate it, it will manifest in your life in unwanted ways.
Our deepest desire is to be received and loved as we are fully, including all parts that we shut down.— Rachel Pringle, trainer of Mindvalley’s Wild Woman Sensuality Quest
11 Feminine Energy Traits and 7 Examples
If you’re curious about how to radiate feminine energy, here are eleven traits to cultivate from within:
- Receptive. It’s all about receiving and being open and receptive to new ideas, experiences, and pleasures.
- Intuitive. Intuition and psychic abilities are hallmarks of divine feminine energy.
- Empathetic. It enables you to understand and connect with others on a deep emotional level.
- Creative. Divine feminine energy is the most creative force as it gives life to all creations, including ideas and projects.
- Healing. It’s often associated with healing, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- Connected. It connects you to all there is and enables you to see the natural cycles of life and death.
- Playful. This energy is full of life as it breathes life into everything. When you embody divine feminine, you are playful and light.
- Fluid. When you embody fluidity, your emotions, thoughts, and sensations are flexible. You also embrace change and go with the flow of life.
- Wild. Divine femininity is confident, unapologetic, and free-spirited.
- Strong. Divine feminine strength is about inner power and resilience. It’s also about being confident and assertive, without losing touch with one’s emotions and vulnerability.
- Wise. It’s a deep understanding and connection with one’s inner self, as well as the world around them. This wisdom is about having a holistic perspective, encompassing emotional, intuitive, and rational aspects.
To give you a vivid picture of how divine feminine energy is manifested in women, let’s look at some examples in popular culture, including movies and books:
- The Star Wars series by George Lucas. Rey, the protagonist of the sequel trilogy, embodies the divine feminine through her compassion and selflessness. Her journey towards self-discovery and her connection to the force is also an embodiment of the divine feminine.
- The Avengers by Marvel Cinematic Universe. Black Widow is one of the most prominent female characters in the Avengers series, embodying the divine feminine through her wisdom and strong leadership skills.
- The Shape of Water by Guillermo del Toro. The protagonist, Elisa, embodies the divine feminine through her empathy, love, and her ability to connect with others.
- Frozen by Disney. Elsa, the protagonist, embodies the divine feminine through her power, self-discovery, and ability to embrace her true self, despite the fear and judgment of others. She is a symbol of the importance of self-acceptance and self-expression and shows the power of feminine energy to create and change the world.
- DC Comics. Wonder Woman is one of the most iconic DC superheroes who needs no introduction. She is a skilled warrior and a powerful leader who fights for justice and equality.
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Hermione Granger represents the divine feminine. She is intelligent, resourceful, and always fighting for what is right.
- The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer. Hera, Athena, and Aphrodite are Greek goddesses who transpire divine feminine traits.
These examples show how feminine energy is often manifested through inner wisdom, courage, resilience, compassion, and connectedness with others.
Feminine vs. Masculine Energy
Yin and yang, the god and goddess, mother and father — these polar energies aren’t opposite but interconnected forces — masculine and feminine energies.
Let’s look at the main characteristics of the two:
|Divine feminine qualities
|Divine masculine qualities
|Elements water and earth
|Elements fire and air
|Empathy and compassion
How do these polarities manifest in your daily life?
According to Linda Clemons, body language and nonverbal communication expert and trainer of Mindvalley’s Body Language for Dating & Attraction Quest, women express their divine masculine at work and in business. She says, “If you have been climbing to the top of your professional career, chances are you’ve cultivated a great deal of masculine energy.”
She explains that masculine traits that help you in your professional life don’t serve you in your dating and love life. This is where women need to express their divine feminine and embody traits like sensuality, seduction, and playfulness.
Read more: 15 Ways to Balance Your Masculine and Feminine Energy to Unleash Your Hidden Powers
How to Tap Into Your Feminine Energy: 3 Tips From Mindvalley Experts
Rachel explains that accessing your feminine energy involves regularly connecting with your physical body and sensations. And breathwork is one of the most effective methods for doing so.
Let’s look at a few breathing and other techniques explained by Mindvalley experts:
1. Primal shaking by Rachel Pringle, trainer of Mindvalley’s Wild Woman Sensuality Quest
This technique helps you release locked-up emotions, anxiety, traumas, and stress from your body. As you do, your body becomes clear and open to hearing your intuition and accessing your divine feminine power.
How to do it:
- Find a sacred place in your home where you can do this practice every day.
- Close your eyes and surrender to the rhythm of your body.
- Take deep, powerful inhalations through your mouth, moving your spine forward or to the sides.
- Take relaxed exhales, sounding them out, opening your mouth, and releasing tension from your root.
- Do 33 rounds of breath.
- Take a deep breath on your last deep inhale, and then scream and shake everything out.
- Let it all go, utilizing your entire body and voice.
- Take a deep breath and sigh.
- Feel into the space you’ve created.
- In that space, repeat this mantra in your mind: “I can choose to trust my voice.”
2. Arousal breath by Psalm Isadora, trainer of Mindvalley’s Tantra Touch Quest
This breathwork is great for metabolizing food and stuck emotions. It heats your body and awakens your life force.
Psalm recommends practicing it in the morning. She says, “It will energize you better than coffee!”
How to do it:
- Put your hands right at your navel.
- Inhale and exhale rapidly through your nose.
- When you exhale, the belly button goes back, when you inhale, it goes forward.
- Breathe rapidly for 2 minutes.
3. “I am Statement” exercise by Linda Clemons, trainer of Mindvalley’s Body Language for Dating & Attraction Quest
Linda explains that every woman has two women within them — a career woman and an after–5-p.m. persona. The latter is your inner seducer that embodies your sensual self. “Your after-5 p.m. persona is the goddess within you need to call in when you leave the office,” she adds.
However, most women don’t feel this way about themselves, and the way you feel about yourself determines your level of sexuality and sensuality.
So, the “I am Statement” exercise is designed to connect you with your inner seducer and strengthen your self-confidence
How to do it:
Affirm to yourself the following statements (you can have your own statements):
- I am love.
- I am passionate.
- I am sexy.
- I am delicious.
- I am happy.
- I am joy.
Celebrate your Divine Feminine with Mindvalley
You can tap into your divine feminine instantly and get a sense of this power within you. Yet, the embodiment of your inner Goddess takes time and dedication. As Rachel puts it, “It’s a disciple of worshiping your inner sacred feminine power.”
This discipline entails the inner work that only you can do. And if you’re ready to embody the most creative force from within, Mindvalley can help you learn how to:
- Use your feminine energy to enhance connection and reach higher states of consciousness with Psalm Isadora and her Tantra Touch Quest,
- Worship and embody your sacred feminine power with Rachel Pringle and her Wild Woman Sensuality Quest,
- Access your inner vixen and how to be in your feminine energy with a man with Linda Clemons and her Body Language for Dating & Attraction Quest, and
- So much more.
You can sample classes of the quests with Mindvalley’s trainers by unlocking your free access.