Are you experiencing pain that seems to have no apparent cause? The Emotion Code® chart reveals how it can be related to your emotional baggage.
According to Emotion Code® practitioners and energy healers, emotional baggage is real and can be the underlying cause of our diseases, pain, and self-sabotaging patterns. And the Emotion Code® therapy is a brilliant tool anyone can learn to use to heal it.
This brilliant modality has the potential to become the medicine of the future because it offers a non-invasive, holistic approach to healing that can be learned and applied by anyone.
What Is the Emotion Code® Therapy?
The Emotion Code® therapy is a form of self-help therapy created by Dr. Bradley Nelson, an internationally renowned holistic chiropractor and teacher.
According to him, when you feel intense negative emotions such as anger, sadness, grief, or frustration, they can get trapped in the body in the form of an energetic ball. This is what he calls a trapped emotion—a ball of emotional energy.
“It can lodge anywhere in your body, and wherever it lodges, it will cause imbalances and blockages in the body’s energy field, leading to physical, mental, and emotional issues,” he adds.
In his experience, 90% of physical pain is emotional pain. So this self-healing framework seeks to identify these trapped emotions and release them, allowing the body to heal itself naturally.
Trapped Emotions: Symptoms & Examples
Emotions make us beautiful beings. However, according to Jennifer Partridge, EFT therapist and trainer of Mindvalley’s Tapping Into Emotional Mastery Quest, when they are trapped in the body, they can make us suffer.
Physical pain, anxiety, depression, and an overall feeling of being stuck in life are just a few examples of how trapped emotions can manifest.
The most common symptoms of trapped emotions include:
- Muscular tension,
- Headaches or back pain,
- Digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), bloating, and constipation,
- Respiratory problems,
- High blood pressure or heart disease,
- Skin conditions such as eczema or hives,
- Panic attacks,
- Relationships issues,
- Depression, and
- Abundance blocks.
Here are some examples of physical and emotional ailments that can be associated with the most common trapped emotions:
|Trapped Emotion||Physical Ailments or Issues|
|Grief||Shortness of breath, chest pain, headaches, fatigue or lack of energy, and digestive issues such as stomach pain or nausea.|
|Anger||Muscle tension in the neck and shoulders, headaches or migraines, high blood pressure, digestive issues, and skin conditions such as hives or eczema.|
|Fear||Rapid heartbeat or palpitations, panic attacks, digestive issues such as diarrhea or nausea, insomnia, or sleep disorders.|
|Guilt||Low self-esteem and self-worth, fatigue or lack of energy, muscle tension in the neck and shoulders, headaches or migraines, and digestive issues such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).|
|Shame||Depression, anxiety, low self-esteem or self-worth, digestive issues such as constipation or diarrhea, social isolation, or avoidance.|
|Betrayal||Anxiety, depression, trust issues, insomnia or sleep disturbances, headaches, or migraines.|
|Rejection||Anxiety, depression, feelings of worthlessness or inadequacy, digestive issues such as stomach pain or bloating, social isolation, or avoidance.|
|Abandonment||Anxiety, depression, feelings of rejection or inadequacy, trust issues, and digestive issues such as diarrhea or nausea.|
|Insecurity||Anxiety, depression, low self-esteem or self-worth, digestive issues such as constipation or diarrhea, muscle tension or pain.|
|Overwhelm||Anxiety, depression, fatigue or lack of energy, muscle tension or pain, and digestive issues such as acid reflux or IBS.|
Additionally, it’s important to remember that the Emotion Code®, like any other energy-based healing modality, works best in conjunction with the traditional healthcare system.
Benefits of the Emotion Code® Therapy
Releasing trapped emotions from the body can have many physical and emotional benefits. Most importantly, it sets you free from the baggage that no longer serves you. Here are some potential benefits of releasing trapped emotions:
- Reduced physical symptoms,
- Improved emotional well-being,
- Increased resilience,
- Enhanced self-awareness,
- Improved relationships,
- Increased energy and vitality,
- Energetic balance, and
- Accelerated spiritual growth and personal development.
In essence, it is a powerful tool for self-exploration, self-healing, and personal evolution that’s easy to learn and apply.
How to Use the Emotion Code® Chart
The Emotion Code® chart is a key tool in this therapy technique. This chart lists 60 emotions and their corresponding body parts. To use the chart, you will need to identify the emotion that you believe is trapped within your body and then locate the corresponding body part on the chart. This will help you identify the trapped emotion and release it.
Your subconscious mind knows exactly what column and row this trapped emotion is in. All you have to do is figure out what your subconscious mind already knows.— Dr. Bradley Nelson, author of The Emotion Code®
This chart is used in conjunction with muscle testing, also known as applied kinesiology. It’s a technique that helps you communicate with your subconscious mind.
When it comes to self-testing, the easiest way to do muscle testing is a method called body swing.
Here’s a general guide on how to do muscle testing with body swing:
- Stand upright with your feet shoulder-width apart, and keep your arms by your sides.
- Ask a yes or no question related to the muscle you are testing. For example, “Is the trapped emotion in column A?“
- Close your eyes and focus on the question. Keep your mind open and relaxed.
- Observe the movement of your body. If your body sways backward, the answer is no. If your body sways forward, the answer is yes.
- Repeat the process several times to confirm your results.
Here are some tips to improve your muscle testing:
- Don’t expect anything and be open to getting any answer,
- Believe that it works, and
- Be objective.
According to Donna Eden, energy medicine pioneer and trainer of Mindvalley’s Energy Medicine Quest, you can muscle test regularly to see what foods your body wants to train yourself to be objective. By eating the right foods, you can also eliminate energetic imbalances, which will improve your muscle testing results.
How to Do the Emotion Code®
To do the Emotion Code® therapy, you will need to learn muscle testing and the Emotion Code® chart. It’s simple and can be done on your own.
Here’s how to do the Emotion Code® on yourself:
- Identify the issue. Take a moment and identify one specific issue in your life you’d like to improve or get rid of. It can be anything—from physical pain to some aspect of your life you’d like to change like attracting more money or manifesting love.
- Rate it. Rate this issue on a scale of 0 to 10, where 0 is no discomfort at all and 10 is severe discomfort. Pick a number. After your trapped emotion is released, you will recheck that discomfort.
- Identify if it’s linked to the trapped emotion. Stand up tall and ask yourself, “Do I have a trapped emotion that is contributing to my (name your issue) that can be released now?” The more clearly you’re focused on the question, the faster and clearer the answer will be coming back from the body.
- Do the muscle test. If the body is swaying forward to this question, the answer is “yes.” If it’s swaying backward, the answer is “no.” If the answer is “no,” choose another issue and try again.
- Identify the trapped emotions. Use the Emotion Code® chart and ask your subconscious mind, “Is this trapped emotion in column A?” Focus on this question and let your subconscious mind answer you.
Swaying backward means “no,” and swaying forward means “yes.” This is how you eliminate half of the list.
Now, ask if this trapped emotion is in one of the odd rows (one, three, or five)? Depending on the answer, do the same with each row to identify in which row this trapped emotion is.
For example, “Is this trapped emotion in row one?” Once you identify the exact row, proceed with each emotion inside the row one by one, until you finally identify the trapped emotion.
When you identify the list of emotions, you may think you know exactly what that emotion is, but there’s a possibility that you’re wrong. Because in many cases, trapped emotions result from a long-forgotten event you may not be aware of. So, having an open mind is a must.
In this video, Dr. Nelson guides you through the process:
Although you can easily learn how to do this modality on yourself, you can also turn to energy healers who can do the Emotion Code® therapy on you. In my own experience, it can be more effective, especially if you are a beginner or struggle with being objective. When I did the session with the energy healer, she could pinpoint the exact traumatic event linked to the trapped emotion, which was healing in itself.
Healing Your Emotions with Mindvalley
When you heal your emotions, you become an empowered human being—in touch with your highest potential and free from unnecessary baggage.
This journey begins with becoming aware of your emotions and then learning how to regulate them in a healthy way. It’s a fascinating journey of self-discovery that leads to profound healing on multiple levels.
If you aspire to take it, Mindvalley has the following Quests for you:
- Duality with Jeffrey Allen to help you grow your emotional and energy body awareness;
- Tapping Into Emotional Masterywith Jennifer Partridge to help you understand your emotions better and connect with your inner wisdom;
- Energy Medicine with Donna Eden to help you heal your body, mind, and Spirit in a holistic way;
- Transformational Hypnotherapy for Abundance with Marisa Peer to help you rewire your subconscious mind and heal your traumas; and
- So much more.
The best part is that you can sample a class of these Quests by unlocking your free access.