Vision boards have helped people of all ages and backgrounds achieve their goals and find the success they always wanted. They can help any individual achieve their personal or professional milestones. But how can you make the best possible vision board? Use Feng Shui!
A vision board is a simple, yet effective, tool that helps you visualize what your life would be like once your dreams come into fruition.
Affirmations, visualizations, and positive thinking can all help change your life for the better; however, there are ways to optimize vision boards by incorporating Feng Shui.
Feng Shui can enhance the law of attraction that already makes vision boards work and help you reach your goals in ways you never thought possible.
Marie Diamond, one of the most powerful Feng Shui teachers in the world, has helped millions of people utilize Feng Shui to their advantage.
She has also found new and innovative ways to incorporate vision boards into her Feng Shui teachings.
You, too, can do this to optimize the impact of your vision board. With this article you’ll get a better understanding of the basics of vision boards and Feng Shui, and then, bring both concepts together.
How To Create A Powerful Vision Board
Vision boards work in both personal and professional settings.
In fact, according to a study by TD Bank, small business owners who use visualization (in picture and in idea boards) are more likely to meet their entrepreneurial goals.
Before you can incorporate the elements of Feng Shui into your vision board, you need to understand the basics of how to create a vision board.
The great things about these boards is that they are so simple, and there is no real wrong way to make a vision board, as long as you have the right intentions with your creation.
Here are three simple steps to how to make a vision board:
- Make your intentions clear – Focus on what you want and what you need from your vision board.
- Gather your supplies – Look through magazines and start tearing and cutting out different images, words and phrases that speak to you and represent the vision that you have for your life and future.
- Arrange your board – Put any images and words that invoke feelings on your page. Your images should not make you try to compare your life to someone else’s, or it won’t work. They need to inspire.
Once you have your vision board, put it somewhere so that it can be a constant visual reminder of what you are working towards in your life.
It is important that you are able to look at your vision board quite often to stay inspired. The entire concept of the vision board centers around the law of attraction and being able to attract the things you want in life to you.
Feng Shui Basics
Feng Shui is a commonly misunderstood practice. Many people assume it is only about furniture arranging, but it has a much deeper power.
Feng Shui was developed more than 4,000 years ago in China and comes from the Taoist understanding that there is a “Chi,” or energy, in every object.
One of the guiding principles of this practice is that there is no separation between us as humans and our surroundings; we are connected to the spaces we inhabit.
Feng Shui, in practice, comes down to arranging objects in a particular environment to create harmony, balance, and good energy and to promote health, happiness, and abundance.
When it comes to Feng Shui tips to get started, the most important thing to remember is that you are not just your body or your mind, you are also your environment. So, if you put your environment in the best position possible, it can help your body, mind, and spirit.
Here a few Feng Shui tips on how to do this:
- Remove your shoes before entering your home to form the habit of leaving the stress of your work in the outside world instead of inside your home. Being home is your time to relax.
- Declutter. Clutter is stuck energy. The more you can declutter your home, the less complicated it will be, and the freer you will feel.
- Remove sad, negative energy or anger from your home and give your space the fresh energy needed to attract new opportunities with space cleaning. This includes burning sage and walking through the house while stating words of love and prosperity.
- Bring in fresh air, greenery, and natural light to bring fresh energy flow through your home.
- Create a home that is a sanctuary for you from the outside world.
- Choose colors for harmony. This includes soft neutrals for a sense of calm, and soothing earth tones in your decorative objects. Make sure to avoid too much white, which is a cold energy.
- Never put all furniture against the walls, according to Karen Rauch Cater, Feng Shui consultant. Furniture should be arranged to support communication to help promote better relationships.
One of the biggest Fen Shui tips that Marie Diamond shares is to remember that your environment must be representative of your goals and visions. It must reflect them. In short, you need to create a home or work space that inspires and allows you to be the best version of yourself.
Incorporating Feng Shui Into Your Vision Board
Now that you understand both Feng Shui and vision boards, it’s time to bring these two elements together.
Focus a great deal on energy and the law of attraction or doing something to bring the right results your way. Here’s how to make sure the two ideals come together to help you in your personal and professional endeavors:
1. Find The Right Location For Your Vision Board
To strengthen the power of your vision board, you need to put your board in the right location of the home.
Look at the main goals for your vision board. Make sure to place that vision board in an area of the home that makes most sense based on the goals.
If your goals have to do with career success, place the board in your home office.
If they have to do with love and relationships, place the board in the bedroom.
2. Think About The Materials In Your Vision Board
The materials you use on your vision board are also very important.
If you are creating a vision board with a lot of metal accessories, this has a cold energy, so it is best for a home office.
If you have a wood board, which is a warmer energy, it is best for your bedroom or a warmer area of the home.
3. Keep Your Vision Board Focused
Feng Shui is all about balance and organization, so make sure that you don’t overcrowd your board with too many goals when starting out.
Make seperate boards for different kinds of visions. For example, a career relation board, and a relationship related board.
4. Look At The Bagua
The Bagua is an important guide that helps remind us of the different sectors of our world.
This is also known as the Feng Shui grid, and many use it when analyzing a space in their home or work. Use the Bagua as a map of where to place goals and pictures on different areas of your board.
If you apply these principles to your vision board and really focus on how the law of attraction can work with both the positive energy of Feng Shui and the energy you are putting out into the universe with your vision board, you can start bringing about changes in your life you never thought were possible.
Do you have any tips on how to create a vision board?
Please share with us in the comment section below!