How do artists create their magic, scientists make incredible discoveries, and most successful people achieve their audacious goals?
The answer is in…the question!
It turns out that these extraordinary people all have one skill in common ― the remarkable ability to identify a good question and articulate it clearly.
Can you also become like them?
Yes, you can, as soon as you master the art of lofty questions. And from rewiring your subconscious mind to enhancing your creativity, they have a whole list of benefits that you can gain.
Let’s dive in.
What Are Lofty Questions?
Lofty questions are questions starting with “why.”
These inquiries allow you to go deep into your mind and implant the belief because they have your mind find the answer and make it come true for you.
According to Christie Marie Sheldon, intuitive healer and Mindvalley’s trainer of Unlimited Abundance Quest, lofty questions are action-oriented questions that lift you and skyrocket the Universe into positively manifesting your dreams.
Whether you are aware of that or not, many people ask themselves anti-lofty questions like “How come I’m so broke?”, “Why am I so unhappy in my life?”, or “how come my family or friends aren’t around me when I need them the most?”
Unlike lofty questions, they are stopping you from what you desire.
“They are literally stripping away your manifestation powers,” she adds.
For example, if you are asked not to think of a pink elephant, it will be the first thing to pop up in your mind.
In the same way, when you ask yourself questions like “Why am I so unfulfilled?”, you are putting yourself in lower vibration energy and the Universe will answer you back with all the reasons why you’re unfulfilled.
The Universe loves you so much that it always responds to your questions.― Christie Marie Sheldon, intuitive healer and Mindvalley’s trainer of Unlimited Abundance Quest
What you want to ask are questions like:
- “Why am I so abundant?”
- “Why am I so fulfilled in every aspect of my life?”
- “Why am I so successful in everything I do?”
Ask the right questions and it (whatever you asked) will be given to you.
In essence, lofty questions shift your focus from negative to positive, from your current reality to your unlimited possibilities.
How Do Lofty Questions Work?
This technique utilizes the power of your subconscious mind, which loves to answer questions.
Questions naturally make your mind think and solicit ideas. This is how human thought and science have developed throughout history.
On top of that, according to science, your mind can’t multitask. It can only focus on one task at a time. So when you ask a question, it can’t think of anything else but find the answer.
The human mind is a spark of the almighty consciousness of God. I could show you that whatever your powerful mind believes very intensely would instantly come to pass.― Paramahansa Yogananda, Autobiography of a Yogi
Think of your mind as a garden. Your habitual thinking is the seeds of thoughts you plant, and then you reap its fruits in your body and the environment around you.
So what you reap is what you plant.
Unlike your conscious mind, you can’t directly access your subconsciousness. But you can tap into it when you are in:
- Altered states of consciousness
- Hypnagogic and hypnopompic states
- Dream states
Lofty questions are best used in transitional states of consciousness, such as hypnagogic state (before you fall asleep) and hypnopompic state (before you wake up).
We all pass through these transitions twice a day without knowing.
So why not take advantage of them to influence your subconscious mind intentionally to your benefit?
And lofty questions help you do just that – they implant powerful questions into your mind, prompting it to find the answers.
The Lofty Questions vs. Affirmations
How are they different from positive affirmations?
Affirmation is a clear, definitive statement you make about yourself as if it is already true. In other words, you repeat these affirmations until they become part of your belief system, and your subconscious mind acts in accordance with the newly implanted belief.
But here’s the trick.
Your subconscious mind is much more powerful than your conscious intention to rewire it. Often, people don’t believe what they are affirming.
Vishen, founder of Mindvalley and author of The 6 Phase Meditation Method, explains there are three essential components to bending reality ― desire, belief, and expectancy.
“With desire, belief, and expectancy, your mind can be so powerful that it can literally bring wonderful events to bear within days,” he adds.
So even with a burning desire to change your reality, you can’t expect it to happen if you don’t believe you can.
This is why affirmations don’t work with some people because their desire isn’t paired with belief and expectancy.
Unlike affirmations, lofty questions bypass your subconscious beliefs about yourself.
Lofty questions trick your mind into seeking the answer when you ask yourself a question.― Vishen, founder of Mindvalley and author of The 6 Phase Meditation Method
Benefits of using the framework of the lofty questions
When you ask a question, you automatically expect to receive the answer. So this framework accelerates your manifestations by increasing your level of expectancy.
Most importantly, it helps you achieve your life goals.
According to the Law of Attraction, the fastest way to achieve your goals is to match your frequency with these goals.
And the best way to shift your identity is through the framework of lofty questions.
Other benefits include:
- Enhance your creativity
- Keep you in a state of wonder
- Rewire your subconscious beliefs directly
- Help solicit positive insights and solutions
When and How to Use Lofty Questions
You want to write down your lofty questions for every area of your life and memorize them.
When to use them:
- After you wake up
- Before you fall asleep
- During meditation
Here’s how to do it after you wake up in the morning:
- Upon waking up, without opening your eyes, ask yourself your lofty questions
- Don’t affirm but ask a question with a rising inflection
Here’s how to do it before you fall asleep:
- Close your eyes and relax
- Use any technique to relax your body from head to toe
- When you are fully relaxed, ask yourself your lofty questions
- Don’t affirm but ask a question with a rising inflection
You can also incorporate lofty questions into your meditation practice when you are in an altered state of consciousness.
Your goals will come to you as you think of them. You can influence things outside of probable cause.― Vishen, founder of Mindvalley and author of The 6 Phase Meditation Method
If you use the 6 Phase Meditation, use it in the fourth phase of this guided meditation ― vision for your future.
Instead of using the power of visualization, you ask your lofty questions and allow this vision to be presented to you in ways you can’t imagine.
At the end of the day, the Universe has much greater imagination than you.
Examples of Lofty Questions
You can create lofty questions based on your desired outcomes. You can also write inquiries to elevate every aspect of your life. To help you start, check these examples.
Here are lofty questions suggested by Vishen:
- Why do I have all the energy and focus I need to succeed in all I desire?
- Why do I radiate confidence in any and all situations, and inspire people through the means of my presence?
- Why is my life always evolving to its best version?
- Why am I easily able to build wealth, enjoy doing it and do it easily?
- Why am I in the most loving and amazing relationship?
- Why am I able to live the fulfilling life that I always dreamed of?
- Why am I always able to travel to amazing places and experience the best each place has to offer?
- Why am I so good at creating great products that change the world?
- Why am I meeting so many great like-minded people with similar life visions?
- Why am I so lucky and successful at everything I do?
- Why do things always work out for me perfectly?
- Why am I the purest and most blissful being?
- Why is it I am a money magnet?
- Why is my body fit and pain-free?
- Why am I the most energetic and positive person amid this pandemic?
- Why is it I have such a lean and athletic body?
- Why do I enable others to be energized with new ideas, every time we meet?
- Why am I able to learn, retain, and recall anything with ease?
Here are lofty questions suggested by Christie Marie Sheldon:
- Why do I have more than enough money to pay my bills, save some money, and have some left over to have some fun with?
- Why is my life so amazing? It exceeds all my expectations.
- Why does the Universe give me more than enough help that I’ve ever thought possible?
Here are lofty questions by outcomes:
- Blissipline: Why am I surrounded by bliss and happiness no matter what?
- Immunity to overwhelm: Why am I able to do so much in so little time?
- Win-win relationships: Why am I always surrounded by loving people?
- Inspiration on demand: Why am I so brilliant, so genius, so able to tap into Source?
- Abundance: Why am I so good at making, keeping, and multiplying money?
- The Universe has your back: Why does the Universe always have my back?
- Bending reality: Why do my dreams and goals come to me with such ease and speed?
Ask and You Will Be Given
We think we know who we are and what we are doing. But most of our behaviors are directed by our brilliant subconscious minds.
It brings fascinating benefits to your life without your realization, but if you realize its potential, you can unlock the source of your unlimited possibilities.
If you want to master the power of your subconsciousness, Vishen’s latest book, The 6 Phase Meditation Method, will answer your “why” questions.
Most importantly, this next New York Times bestseller will answer the questions about how to create more magic and joy in your life, increase productivity, find peace, and manifest your goals.
Why not have it all?