Have you ever been the recipient of a random act of kindness?
Perhaps you got something in the mail, received a treat on your desk at work, or got a heartfelt phone call?
Receiving a random act of kindness feels good. You feel valued, loved, and appreciated.
But when it comes to acts of kindness, giving can be even more fulfilling than receiving.
So, are you ready to take on the random acts of kindness challenge?
What Is A Random Act Of Kindness?
A random act of kindness is a small display of thoughtfulness, empathy, or love aimed toward another person.
You can perform a random act of kindness for a friend, family member or coworker. Or, you can surprise a complete and total stranger.
Either way, these everyday acts of love are powerful messages. They let the recipient know that someone in the world loves and values them. And these affirming messages of self-worth can become amplified tenfold—if they’re passed on.
What is the random acts of kindness challenge?
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Acts of kindness can spread like wildfire.
How To Put Yourself in an Accelerated Cycle of GrowthBy Vishen Lakhiani
By the end of this Masterclass, you will walk away with the tools and techniques you need to automate your personal growth and unlock your extraordinary potential.Reserve My Spot
So, today’s challenge: commit two random acts of kindness.
It doesn’t have to be big, expensive, or time-consuming. In fact, the most precious gifts are often simple, everyday actions that help make someone else’s day easier, lighter, and brighter.
For example: today, as I purchased my morning cup of coffee from the drive-thru, I paid for the coffee order in the car behind me. Simple as that!
See if you can perform two random acts of kindness today.
13 acts of kindness to inspire you
Need some ideas to get you started? Try any of the following:
- Mail a “thinking of you” card to an old friend
- Donate some food cans to a food drive
- Leave a thank-you note in the mailbox for the person who delivers your mail
- Return stray carts in the parking lot to the cart bay
- Bring doughnuts or bagels to work for your coworkers
- Leave a few nice comments on blogs/news sites you read and appreciate
- Buy a candy bar in the vending machine but leave it at the bottom for the next person to pick up
- Leave some quarters in the laundromat
- Pay the toll for someone behind you
- Leave your parking slip in the machine for the next person to use
- Give a stranger a genuine compliment
- Buy a sandwich for a homeless person
- Anonymously buy a dessert for someone at a restaurant
You’d be amazed by just how powerful a small, simple act of kindness can be. You have the ability to completely change someone’s day. And it can be as easy as a smile, a kind word, or a thoughtful gesture.
Spread the love with two random acts of kindness today. And share this with your friends to encourage them to do the same!
What’s the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you? Share your story in the comments below.