Have you suffered an injury or experience anxiety? Whatever ailment you have, you can turn to yoga for health and healing when your fast-paced lives get off balance.
Yoga offers hundreds of poses that helps different kinds of ailments. So what is the best yoga pose to practice? Deep relaxation, also known as Savasana, is the best yoga pose for health and healing.
Yogi’s claim many health and healing benefits for deep relaxation. Many claims are currently being studied by scientists. Others are already known to be beneficial.
15 Conditions that the Savasana pose might help improve
For centuries, Tibetan monks practiced yoga to get in touch with their spirituality. Mahatma Gandhi practiced yoga for health reasons. He said, “It is health that is the real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.”
Through yoga you can create a healthy lifestyle and are able to concentrate on achieving your goals.
Here are 15 conditions that the Savasana pose can help alleviate:
- Anxiety – Deep breathing helps stabalize anxiety levels.
- Depression – Yoga practice helps people with depression get in touch with their spirituality.
- PTSD – Those who suffer from PTSD practice yoga because it regulates the central nervous system.
- Heart Disease – Those who have suffered a cardiac arrest in the past claim that practicing deep breathing helps to stabalize their heart rate.
- High Blood Pressure – Along with those who suffer from heart disease, yoga can help decrease high blood pressure by increasing our mobility which helps people to keep moving.
- Childbirth – For instance, expecting mothers who practice yoga during pregnancy report less discomfort during childbirth.
- Menopause -Many menopausal women have found that yoga can decrease hot flashes.
- Menstrual Cramps – Women who practice yoga with PMS report less severe cramps due to stabilizing blood circulation.
- Insomnia – Yoga helps those who trouble with sleeping by regulating sleep cycles.
- Nightmares – For instance, deep breathing right before going to sleep can alleviate nightmares and stabalize sleep cycles.
- Pain -Yoga can relieve muscular tension by relaxing tense muscles.
- Nausea – Deep breathing removes the weight of the diaphragm is lifted off the liver and stomach. This alleviates symptoms of neusea.
- Tinnitus – Yoga may reduce stress by relaxing body muscles and controlling the autonomic nervous activity connected to ringing in the ears.
- Smoking Cessation – Yoga practice reduces withdrawal symptoms.
- TMJ Dysfunction – Jaw tension and teeth grinding can be alleviated by practicing yoga.
There are additional benefits to practicing yoga deep relaxation. Swami Kriyananda stated in the Art and Science of Raja Yoga: “Benefits: Savasana brings supreme relaxation. It helps in the development of receptivity. It’s important to yoga practice; rejuvenates the body cells; and aids in mental and physical healing.”
Prevention is the best medicine. Don’t wait to have symptoms to bring deep relaxation into your daily routine.
5 Reasons to start practicing deep relaxation now
- Improves focus
- Increases receptivity
- Helps you know “You are enough”
- Helps you be cool, calm and collected
- Increases energy and vitality
The video demonstrates how to practice deep relaxation. The Savasana pose should be part of every yoga session to induce deep relaxation. Try it!
In conclusion, there are many yoga poses for health and healing. We live in a busy world. If you only have time to practice one yoga pose, deep relaxation is the one!
You will find more practices and tips like this in the supportive yoga community, Zenward.
Have you experienced any change after doing deep relaxation? Share it with us in a comment!