From dubious to straightforward, there is a yoga challenge for everyone!
A recent look at some of the challenges posted on Instagram from the popular IGYogaChallenges account brought up many yoga challenges, such as:
Let’s Do Yoga, Let’s Get Bendy Yoga, Unlock Gratitude, Breathe Yoga Gratitude Asana, Splits and Bends, and Calm Before the Commute.
And if you’re hankering for something really unique, why not try Rocky Horror Yoga Show, Artful Yogi Faeries, or Yoga Hippies?
Zenward, the unique online platform bringing together international yoga teachers, yoga ambassadors and a thriving tribe of students, offers several challenges. And believe us, there is a reason people love yoga challenges.
But before you race off to start a challenge of your own, there are a couple things you should be aware of.
3 Things To Know Before You Start Your Yoga Challenge
- Know what you are getting into! Read the challenge carefully and decide if it would be a good fit for you. Many of the challenges are inappropriate for beginners or people with injury concerns.
- Don’t let the camera make you forget to take care of yourself! People have been injured trying to pose for the camera! Fortunately, not all yoga challenges require you to take a photo of yourself. The Zenward challenges do not require you to take photos.
- Know your own body! Don’t be afraid to adjust a position or practice, skip days that don’t work for you, go at your own pace – or drop out if you signed up for the wrong challenge.
7 Yoga Challenge Benefits
- Motivation is probably the number one reason to join a yoga challenge. Yoga challenges give you a clear start and stop date so there is no waiting to start “tomorrow.”
- Become inspired by what you can accomplish during a yoga challenge.
- Variety is the spice of life. A yoga challenge can bring a new twist (no pun intended) into your yoga practice routine.
- A yoga challenge can help you be more consistent with your yoga practice.
- Yoga challenges come with a tribe of supportive fellow students with whom you can enjoy the journey.
- Learn something new from a yoga challenge.
- You are more likely to achieve your yoga goals when you are part of a yoga challenge.
As you can see there are many benefits to participating in a yoga challenge!
Yoga can be a challenge for both the body and the mind. To learn more about the ways in which yoga can encourage you to develop your spiritual practice, check out these words of wisdom from Mindvalley teacher, Yogi Cameron:
Have you ever joined a yoga challenge? Would you like to join one? Tell us what you think below!