When we mindlessly follow rules, we allow our behaviors, dreams, and identities to be corralled into socially ordained spaces.
But what happens if your most exceptional self, your most extraordinary life is waiting for you outside those white picket fences?
Breaking All The Brules
Would you jump the fence to follow your dreams?
In this 45-minute episode of Impact Theory, American entrepreneur and Quest Nutrition co-founder, Tom Bilyeu, interviews Mindvalley founder, Vishen Lakhiani, who explains that many of the beliefs programmed into us are bulls**t rules (brules) that society has adopted to simplify its understand of the world.
Watch this episode to hear:
- (2:33) — How to untangle the web of brules that shape our world to reveal your true inner identity;
- (7:29) — Why goal setting doesn’t lead to our most happy and fulfilling lifepaths;
- (15:40) — The biggest responsibility parents have to their children;
- (25:16) — Why Vishen believes thinks of himself not as an entrepreneur or philosopher, but an activist for global unity;
- (33:01) — How a psychological phenomenon called the Expectancy Effectchanges our behavior;
- (35:54) — The newest events, technology and programs coming out of Mindvalley.
Learn how to peel back limiting and outdated beliefs with this interview between two revolutionary leaders.
For more video’s and talks, check out Mindvalley’s YouTube Channel.
Have you noticed any brules that are keeping us back as a society? How about success and parenting?
And which one in particular would you like to shed? Do you have any advice when it comes to success and parenting?
Share in the comments below.