What’s our plan to reinvent university? Take a look at the original video where we announced the first Mindvalley University City Campus in Barcelona.
Last year, we took Mindvalley University City Campus to the next level in Tallinn, Estonia. And this year, we’ve got big plans for Pula, Croatia.
It started as a simple experiment but it’s created a whole new way of learning. In this video, Vishen Lakhiani questions all the brules we have about schools — and suggests a better way.
About The Video
There are so many beautiful things about the college experience, and yet there are many ways that universities have failed to keep up with the demand and pace of modern life. Students are spending money on degrees while not learning the things that are important for daily life.
But what if we could keep the positive experiences of college and replace the obsolete aspects? What if we could change our models of learning and living?
That’s exactly what we had in mind when we designed Mindvalley University City Campus.
Check out the video to hear:
- (1:27) — How universities disconnect us from the outside world — and what we can do to change that;
- (3:25) — The subjects that you don’t learn at school that are absolutely worth knowing;
- (6:48) — Mindvalley’s plan to completely re-engineer college, so that it takes advantage of the best teachers, emerging technologies, and new research on what it takes to create a happy, successful, and fulfilling life.
Why Mindvalley Decided To Reinvent University
University is supposed to be a life-changing time in people’s lives. For most people, it is. But unfortunately, only about 35% of the global population ends up completing college.
Even after that, approximately 40% of people say they’re unhappy with their careers and lives. They feel unfulfilled, like something is missing from their lives.
So why is traditional education failing us?
How To Put Yourself in an Accelerated Cycle of GrowthBy Vishen Lakhiani
By the end of this Masterclass, you will walk away with the tools and techniques you need to automate your personal growth and unlock your extraordinary potential.Reserve My Spot
Could it be that traditional schooling isn’t working because that’s not what we need to truly grow?
And could it be time to reinvent university? We feel so.
We feel it’s time to unmask the brules about college and replace the model with something that works. This model should help you discover your life’s mission, learn compassion, explore who you are, connect to your global community, and figure out all that’s critical to leading a life of freedom, joy, and fulfillment.
Here’s how we’re reinventing university:
- The city campus rotates around the world, instead of staying restricted to a single campus.
- You can spend one month at Mindvalley University for the rest of your life, instead of being restricted to 4 years.
- We bring together the global community with all ages, all people, instead of restricting the community to the same age, same group.
- You can now learn about life skills, not just book learning.
- Your teachers are TED Speakers, New York Times Bestselling authors, and successful entrepreneurs.
This university is all about creating better humans. We hope to see you there.
What would you like to see happen in the future of education? How would you reinvent university?
Share in the comments below.