Reforming our education system is essential to our future
If we could do a massive reform of global education, what would it look like? This episode is a paradigm-shifting special with legendary modern-day philosopher, Ken Wilber, on how people evolve from kids to adults, the evolution of consciousness. Vishen and Ken will discuss the ideal education model that can help create a healthier planet starting with our children today. Ken writes on transpersonal psychology and integral theory revolving around the synthesis of all human knowledge and experiences.
- What will the ideal education model for humanity look like?
- The complex combination of a human being is summarized in Ken’s framework of Integral Theory
- The different perspectives of “I, We, It.”
- Education today focuses on book smarts over many other categories of intelligence.
- The ongoing culture wars between 3 of the most common values today:
- Traditional religious
- Modern science
- Postmodern multiculturalism
- Humans today possess profoundly high states of consciousness and awakenings
- The human identity runs a spectrum from egocentric all the way to cosmo-centric
- The universe, driven by evolution, is creating greater wholeness and unity
- Am I identified with just myself or with all of reality?
- Based on Jean Gebser, education is not catering for multiple worldviews
- If we were to educate kids and young adults, what would their education look like?
- There more than seven different types of intelligence as expanded by Howard Gardner
- What are some learnings we can incorporate into a future school?
- There are many contradictions that arise from education and one such question is “are there any other cultures that can be considered superior to another?”
- How can we help our children upgrade their spirituality without being blocked by limited beliefs?
- Ubiquity University, a break away from traditional education, and builds a holistic education from day one
“…We now know human beings have upwards of a dozen different multiple intelligences, most of which are just thoroughly ignored. Education mostly focuses on cognitive intelligence or book smarts, but there are also emotional, moral, values, aesthetic, spiritual intelligence among others, and all of those are incredibly important. They’re all very real. They actually exist. They’re not just theoretical, and they’re all almost completely ignored…”
Subscribe, download, and review this episode on your Android or Apple mobile devices.
Join the conversation today! If the ideas in this episode resonate with you, consider joining our Tribe and get access to more amazing content from brilliant thinkers and game-changers from around the world. Share your ideas and thoughts in the comments section below.