Otherwise, a lot more people would be able to keep their New Year’s resolutions.
About The Video
According to Srikumar Rao, one of the world’s leading experts on happiness and personal mastery, most of us are unaware of how our habitual thinking patterns can either end up condemning our lives to mediocrity and unhappiness — or help us create a life worth living.
In this hour-long talk at Google, Srikumar shares five steps to make meaningful life changes that minimize stress and maximize happiness.
Watch the video to hear:
- (5:45) — How to recognize your mental chatter and mental models, so that you can consciously create a better life;
- (18:17) — How living in a “me-centered universe” predestines you for a life of mediocrity, frustration, depression, and anxiety;
- (28:15) — Why realizing that passion and happiness exists inside of you, and not your environment, your job or your successes will empower your life;
- (35:33) — Why you need to stop “frantically doing” and start focusing inwards;
- (39:40) — How to let go of the stories that aren’t serving you any longer, and rewrite them for your own success and happiness.
The sixth and final step on the road to happiness is to repeat, repeat, and repeat all of the above.
We stand at a crossroad of who we want to be and which life we want to lead dozens of times every day.
Make sure that your choices are supporting the life you want.
Did you identify your mental models after hearing Srikumar’s talk?
And which stories do you plan to let go of?
Share it with the tribe in a comment below!
If You Want To Discover How To Build Extreme Resilience To Live An Extraordinary, Then Join This Free Masterclass With America’s ‘Business Buddha’, Srikumar Rao
Where You will Learn:
✅ What “extreme resilience” is… what it’s not… and how to use it to construct an alternate reality better than the painful one you may be experiencing now
✅ The astonishingly easy way to release yourself from the prison of disempowering thoughts (warning: this powerful mind hack flies in the face of what most “positive psychologists” recommend)
✅ The startling connection between goal obsession and crippling self doubt: here’s how to disentangle yourself so you can enjoy every step of the journey towards ultimate success
✅ The “missing ingredient” in gratitude practices… and why without it, you’ll never experience the deep connection and transformation you desire