Mindvalley University is Mindvalley’s biggest annual event – and for good reason.
Every year it changes the lives of hundreds of people around the world, including children and senior citizens.
Here’s why many consider Mindvalley University one of the best experiences of their lives.
About The Video
You see, traditional education is essential, but incomplete.
It trains us to work, but it doesn’t teach us how to lead happy, fulfilling lives.
And although most of us think of college education as necessary, only about 35% of the global population complete college.
And after that, only 40% of us are happy with our careers and lives.
In fact, the latest Gallup poll shows that, on average, 85% of the world’s workers hate their jobs and are disengaged from work.
Vishen Lakhiani, the founder of Mindvalley himself, had a bad experience with education.
As a child, he went to a horrible school and didn’t learn anything he cared for. He often pretended to be sick, just so that he wouldn’t have to go.
The experience haunted him so much that he doesn’t want any child to go through what he did – especially not his children, Hayden and Eve.
That’s why Vishen organizes Mindvalley University every year, even if it isn’t profitable yet.
Watch the video to see how this year’s Mindvalley University has reinvented education for children from all over the world, and why it’s so important to Vishen.
What Mindvalley University Is About
It’s time to rethink the brules (bullsh*t rules) about college and traditional schools.
Don’t get us wrong, formal education is essential – but it’s also important to recognize that there are critical gaps in traditional schooling.
Human beings are more than just their professional skills. To be truly happy and successful in life, we must also learn qualities such as compassion and community.
That’s what Mindvalley University aims to do – we want to replace outdated models of education with something that works.
Mindvalley University is designed to help you discover your life’s mission, learn compassion, explore who you truly are, and connect with a global community.
We want you to learn all the lessons essential to leading a life of freedom, joy, and fulfillment.
And more importantly, we want to start cultivating these values at a young age.
Here’s what you can gain from joining Mindvalley University:
- The city campus rotates around the world, giving you and your children a chance to see the world and experience other cultures instead of being restricted to a single campus.
- You’ll only need to spend one month at Mindvalley University to learn valuable, lifelong lessons, instead of being restricted to 4 years.
- We bring together people from different countries and of all ages. Instead of restricting the community to the same age and same group, we’re all mixed so we can all learn from and connect to each other.
- You can now learn life skills which help you become a happier and healthier person, and not just limit yourself to book learning.
- Your teachers are TED Speakers, New York Times Bestselling authors, and successful entrepreneurs.
If you’d like to experience Mindvalley University, then be sure to sign up for our next event, happening in Amsterdam from July 13 – Aug 2, 2020!