Why? Check it out to see and plug into your internal happiness.
About The Video
This 17-minute Ted Talk by Dr. Srikumar Rao for the Copenhagen Happiness Conference is one that can flip your mindset instantly from “Unhappy” to “Am Happy.”
Here are the highlights from his talk:
- (01:50) — He begins his exercise with one simple question. Can you answer it?
- (03:24) — Unhappiness is a particular mental model. Discover the why and how we have bought into this negative mental model;
- (06:40) — Try this exercise with Srikumar Rao on recalling a time you experienced great beauty in your life. This analogy is a step further into understanding your internal happiness;
- (11:24) — Learn to invest in the happiness process with this fantastic real-life example of John Wooden, the famous basketball player, and coach;
- (15:51) — Do you find it difficult to be passionate? Here’s what Dr. Rao has to say on the matter;
If you don’t find a way to ignite it within you right where you are, you are not going to find it outside.— Srikumar Rao
What did you learn about your own mental models from this talk? Do you invest more in the process or the outcome?
And did your ideas on what it takes to be happy change?
Join Srikumar Rao's Free Masterclass and discover how to build extreme resilience to live an extraordinary life
In This Masterclass, you will discover:
✅ What “extreme resilience” is… what it’s not… and how to use it to construct an alternate reality better than the painful one you may be experiencing now
✅ The astonishingly easy way to release yourself from the prison of disempowering thoughts (warning: this powerful mind hack flies in the face of what most “positive psychologists” recommend)
✅ The startling connection between goal obsession and crippling self doubt: here’s how to disentangle yourself so you can enjoy every step of the journey towards ultimate success
✅ The “missing ingredient” in gratitude practices… and why without it, you’ll never experience the deep connection and transformation you desire