Ever heard a brain teaser that left you feeling bewildered? You wonder you ponder, you speculate but each answer you come up with seems as unlikely as the previous one.
But hey, that’s what makes brain teasers such fun! If a brain teaser was too easy to figure out, it wouldn’t be doing its job! And a brain teaser’s job (as the name suggests!) is to tease your brain.
Mind Teasers Require Lateral Thinking
A brain teaser is designed to get you to think outside the box. Too often, we examine things from a practical, logical perspective. To find the right answer to a mind teaser, we have to exercise something called lateral thinking.
Lateral thinking is a method of problem-solving that utilizes a creative, non-linear approach. At first, the answer seems obvious. But think again. To find the correct answer, you have to get a little more imaginative. Step by step logic won’t do the trick here.
12 Brain Teasers For Kids With Answers To Test Your Creativity
Ready for some challenging brain teasers? These ones are suitable for all ages!
- A farmer has 17 cows and all but nine die. How many cows are left?
- What seven-letter word has hundreds and hundreds of letters in it?
- How far can a fox run into the woods?
- John’s mother had four children. She named the first child Monday. She named the second child Tuesday, and she named her third child Wednesday. What is the name of her fourth child?
- A plane crashes on the border of France and Germany. Where do they bury the survivors
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world
- Which weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of bricks
- You are driving a bus. At the first stop, two men get on. Second stop and three women get on, one man gets off. At the third stop, three kids and their mom get on, and a woman gets off. The bus is grey, and it is raining outside. What color is the bus driver’s hair?
- What are the next three letters in this sequence? J, F, M, A, M, J, J, A, __, __, __.
- There are 3 pears sitting on a table and you take away 2. How many do you have?
- How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
- Two mothers and two daughters went out for lunch. Everyone ate a sandwich, yet only three sandwiches were eaten in all. How is this possible?(12 Brain Teasers For Kids: Answer Key)
Spoiler alert! Here are the answers to the brain teasers:
- Nine cows.
- Halfway. Then the fox is running out of the woods.
- John, she only has four children!
- You don’t bury survivors!
- Mt. Everest!
- They weigh the same – a pound.
- Whatever your hair color is – you’re the bus driver.
- S, O, N. The letters represent the months of the year.
- Two! You took them!
- A dozen.
- There were only three people at lunch: a grandmother, a mother, and a daughter.
Do you have trouble remembering names?Maybe you struggle to remember important dates or even basic facts and figures you need for a presentation?
If you do, don’t worry - it’s a common problem.
But what’s also common is the myth that some people are just born with good or photographic memory, while the rest of us just have to struggle.
The truth is, memory is just like a muscle - you can train it to be stronger.
Whether you’re a working professional looking to learn new skills, a student cramming for exams, or even just a senior who’s looking to stay sharp - there are techniques you can do to actively and permanently improve your memory.
If You’d Like To Tap Into This Secret Power You Didn’t Know You Have…Then Join Jim Kwik, Peak Performance Expert And Memory Guru, In This FREE Masterclass
From it, you’ll also learn:
✅ The biggest lie we’ve all been told about our brainsthat’s holding us back from our potential. Contrary to conventional wisdom, your memory actually isn’t fixed. Once you realize how much control you have, you’ll begin to discover what you’re truly capable of.
✅ 10 powerful mental hacks you can apply to unlock your inner super learner. Small tweaks in these areas could make the difference between being someone who’s forgetful, to someone who has near-perfect memory.
✅ A powerful memorization technique you can use in any situation. You’ll be able to deliver a speech without having to use your notes, and even remember your entire grocery list without having to write it down!
Register Now To Discover Powerful Hacks To Unlock Your Superbrain (Feel the results in 1 hour)
How many of these brain teasers did you manage to get right? Share your score in the section below!